Author Topic: Montrose Harbor 3.8  (Read 602 times)

Offline Tubes77

• IceShanty Rookie
Montrose Harbor 3.8
« on: Mar 08, 2014, 09:18 AM »
Took advantage of the warm weather yesterday and headed down to Montrose with Big Dog to try for some perch action.  Arrived at 6 am and headed out to punch a few holes.  Got on a weed bed and started catching perch immediately, but all dinks.  Worked tungstens with spikes (red and white both) waxies for the most part with a secondary rod with a minnow under a float.  Very little interest in the minnows, but lots of fish early with the spikes.  By about 9 am, the bite really slowed down and the catching turned into a mix of tiny perch and chubs.  By 11 the bite was nothing but bait stealing chubs, so we started prospecting around the harbor with the camera.  Set up two other spots and more chubs then finally returned to within about 15 yds of our original spot (another guys was fishing the holes we had left) and finished the day catching a few more small perch.  We had two tip ups out all day as well baited with fresh caught chubs, but no takers.  Wound up with one decent perch that measure just over 12" but with no friends of his to take home, I gave him to an older fellow who also had one good one.  Still was a good day to be out, I kept thinking I needed to turn the heater down and would then realize it wasn't on.  Ice fishing in 48 degree weather will do that to you

My one good fish of the day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.