New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Online licenses?  (Read 808 times)

Offline St. Lawrence River Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Online licenses?
« on: Mar 05, 2014, 02:36 PM »
I know there was some discussion back in January about the hiccups with the new licensing system.  I eventually bought my license online in mid-January with a promise that I would receive a copy in the mail soon after.  Well, 7 weeks later and I've yet to receive anything (I know they billed my CC so I assume I'm ok).  Has anyone else encountered the same problem? 

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: Online licenses?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2014, 03:11 PM »
I read that the new company running it is having a lot of issues.  :P
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2014, 03:24 PM »
Mass changed to an online process a few years back.
Initially you could print your receipt of payment as a "temporary" license until the hardcopy was received.
Then they changed to a "print you own license" format so as soon as you pay for it you can print it.

I do the same for MA and NH, and I print out 4 or 5 copies to have in my tackle box, my truck, my brothers house (in NH) and to keep on file at home.

Hopefully they will get all the bugs out.

Oh, and you'll love their "convenience fee" that is added on to the final price. (In MA and NH it was roughly $3.00 each)
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline Fishlip off the hook

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2014, 09:45 PM »
YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM OR YOU WILL WAIT FOREVER!!! The system is a big flop so far

Offline QTeam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2014, 10:39 PM »
Tried online for my son coming home from college - very shakey, so I
Went to Town Hall & took 45 minutes this afternoon.
Town personnel were very nice , but the system is very slow. They have been
Having access issues. the state is working on resolving issues - don't hold your breath.
Leave yourself some time if you need to get one.....
[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2n1c5jc.png[\img]

Offline joefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2014, 05:22 AM »
Mass changed to an online process a few years back.
Initially you could print your receipt of payment as a "temporary" license until the hardcopy was received.
Then they changed to a "print you own license" format so as soon as you pay for it you can print it.

I do the same for MA and NH, and I print out 4 or 5 copies to have in my tackle box, my truck, my brothers house (in NH) and to keep on file at home.

Hopefully they will get all the bugs out.

Oh, and you'll love their "convenience fee" that is added on to the final price. (In MA and NH it was roughly $3.00 each)
Your convenience is for OBAMA CARE just like the additional tax on sporting goods.

Offline shark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2014, 05:38 AM »
Tried on line for my son coming home from college - very shakey, so I
Went to Town Hall & took 45 minutes this afternoon.
Town personnel were very nice , but the system is very slow. They have been
Having access issues. the state is working on resolving issues - don't hold your breath.
Leave yourself some time if you need to get one.....

Went through the same thing , Son came home from college ,and had a real tough time ,Tried town hall and other places, finally got on line to work but still no license in the mail.  That was in January.
How's the ice

Offline St. Lawrence River Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2014, 06:18 AM »
I found it interesting that the Governor/state managed to send me an email and mail me a printed letter promoting the new lifetime campground pass (or whatever they call it), but they couldn't manage to actually mail my license that I paid for 2 months ago. 

BTW: -20F on the thermometer up here this morning.

Offline fisherkrol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2014, 06:31 AM »
Funny we are all running into this...I called the commissioners office on this two days ago and found that they never actually intended to send anyone a hard copy license like you would get at your local store that is impermeable to weather...What you print is what you get so they said.  After complaining they hooked me up with the license bureau and they agreed the web site said they would mail the hardcopy, however it was wrong. I voiced my concern and he agreed to send me a hardcopy license but I guess we'll see what actually comes in the mail.  I am not holding my breath and in the meantime laminated (with packing tape) a printout. Great way for the state to save more money, charge for the license and make us spend money on paper and ink.  Maybe they will have enough complaints to change their minds and provide a true license.   
SO THE NET NET is CALL THE COMMISSIONER AND COMPLAIN!!!

Offline scottcny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2014, 06:57 AM »
Same deal for me. Bought it online mid Jan, printed the paper with my licence # on it and that's all I have. Eventually all the info on the paper will wear off being in the wallet, then what am I gonna do??

scottcny

Offline Bsens07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2014, 07:50 AM »
Bought my girlfriend her license at 4am the first day you could, just before we left for Oneida. Same issue here, haven't seen one.  Guess she will be making a phone call

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2014, 09:27 AM »
Update: just got off the phone with those idiots. Apparently as of February 1st, they are no longer mailing a hard copy. So, with that being said, if you're like me and ordered your license online before that date, you need to call and request that it be mailed to you. They way she explained it to me is that they just assumed we would figure this out and not inform us that we wouldn't receive the copy in which we paid for and is causing issues with their law enforcement! It really aggravates me. So to anyone who purchased their license online, call these people up and get it straightened out!
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline fisherkrol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2014, 03:21 PM »
Just received my normal hardcopy today....guess complaining to the license bureau worked!  Only think weird is it says it cost $5 on it..hope they didn't charge me another $5 on my card for the hardcopy...but it would not surprise me...lol 

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2014, 05:06 PM »
on line  for  Obama  care  or  a  fishing  license  ...neither  work  yet  you'll  get  fine   for  not  having  it 

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 06, 2014, 05:16 PM »
Try to get it online with a mobile device!
Took a coworker out when it first launched, he didn't have his renewed, didn't know about the shutdown.  Gander wasn't online yet.  He tried & tried while riding in the truck for 45 mins.

Offline joefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 09, 2014, 06:41 AM »
Just received my normal hardcopy today....guess complaining to the license bureau worked!  Only think weird is it says it cost $5 on it..hope they didn't charge me another $5 on my card for the hardcopy...but it would not surprise me...lol
If I were you I would check my credit card statement.
Replacing Lost License Cards/Tags

Licenses/tags can be replaced at a license issuing agent location. Replacement fees are listed in the table below.
Replacement Fees Items    Fees
Annual and lifetime licenses for fishing, hunting or trapping    $5 (per license type)
Recreational marine fishing registration card    No fee
Carcass tag sets for deer, bear or turkey    $10 (per set)
Back tags for hunting    No fee

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.