New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Pond Near Small Boat Harbor  (Read 1210 times)

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
Pond Near Small Boat Harbor
« on: Mar 01, 2014, 09:20 PM »
HELLO ALL IM GOING IN THE AM TO TRY OUT A NEW POND I FOUND THATS FISHABLE VERY CLOSE TO SHE SMALL BOAT HARBOR THAT HOLDS ALOT OF BASS BLUEGILL CRAPPIE PERCH AND PIKE I WILL BE LEAVING PICTURES UP FOR EVERYONE TO SEE HOW I DID GONNA TRY TO GET THROUGH THE ICE WITH A SPUD BAR HOPEFULLY ILL BE ABLE TO MAKE A DECENT SQUARE TO FISH THRU. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW EXACT LOCATION LEAVE ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND ILL LET YOU KNOW!
And so it begins........

Offline zadvorney

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gobi Dick sank my boat!
Re: Pond Near Small Boat Harbor
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2014, 09:23 PM »
Good luck and be careful.  I hope it is not the slag water cooling pond behind the south gap break wall.  Lots of fish but might eat your blades up...or melt them off.lol
If life were easy everybody would have one.

Offline FISHN NIK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2014, 10:37 PM »
I hope its not Tift farm nature preserve,no ice fishing allowed,I checked.

FN

Offline sbuffaloice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2014, 10:54 PM »
If there is a " secret" pond near the SBH it's for a reason . Tift Farms is off limits to ice fishing, including not only Alice Lake but the ponds on its property
Real good Steve, we were biting this morning..we were biting this morning...

Offline fiskasassassin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2014, 07:28 AM »
this post sounds like bart simpsons fishing trip cant wait to see the orange three eyed fish pics lol

Offline mpike2day

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2014, 11:46 AM »
HELLO ALL IM GOING IN THE AM TO TRY OUT A NEW POND I FOUND THATS FISHABLE VERY CLOSE TO SHE SMALL BOAT HARBOR THAT HOLDS ALOT OF BASS BLUEGILL CRAPPIE PERCH AND PIKE I WILL BE LEAVING PICTURES UP FOR EVERYONE TO SEE HOW I DID GONNA TRY TO GET THROUGH THE ICE WITH A SPUD BAR HOPEFULLY ILL BE ABLE TO MAKE A DECENT SQUARE TO FISH THRU. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW EXACT LOCATION LEAVE ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND ILL LET YOU KNOW!
His did you make out? Pics?

Offline zadvorney

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gobi Dick sank my boat!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2014, 12:39 PM »
I warned him the water would get him.  Once he cut through, the slush spl ;)ashed on his legs and then it was like the wicked witch of the west all over again.
If life were easy everybody would have one.

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2014, 01:44 PM »
made it out perfectly fine had some good bites but no takers due to only using plastics ill be going this weekend again i got some waxies and some minnows and no its not the cooling pond its a pond on the railways not connected to tift farms its by itself it hold a variety of alot of fish and i used a spud bar to cut out a 8 inch hole but ill be picking up a hand auger from a buddy of mine for $15 tomorrow so ill be good to go last year i took out my full setup that i had to sell and got a $h1T ton of fish in one day i had caught around 200 fish almost all keepers but if anyone wants to come out pm me and ill tell u location and time to meet me there we can go together
And so it begins........

Offline chryniewicz8888

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2014, 02:08 PM »
Wouldn't that be the rr property? Do they let ya fish there? I'm assuming yer talking about the ones alone tiff street next to tracks between 5 and Hopkins?

Offline Locoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2014, 03:34 PM »
If it's on Railroad property you are trespassing. If you knew some of the stuff that went into those ponds back in the day, you would not want to be there!!!!
><> I was born to be a FISHERMAN !!!! <><

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2014, 05:59 PM »
I dont eat the fish i know what was there i have permission from csx and pennsylvania rr and its been cleaned up since my man machine and also cleaned by the 550 some odd mullet and carp they stocked the waters with i know what im doing ive been fishing there for years and i only fish for sport its a decent place to go for challenging bass action and also tons of GIANT bluegills! Thanks for your concern but im fine if you want to go fo fun and a good amount of fish pm me and we will talk thx
And so it begins........

Offline navychief

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2014, 06:50 AM »
I work for CSX. Can I get a name of who gave you permission to fish there please?

Offline navychief

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2014, 06:56 AM »
And not sure who you talked to with Pennsylvania seeing they went bankrupt back in the 70's.

Offline Locoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2014, 07:20 AM »
I work for CSX. Can I get a name of who gave you permission to fish there please?

I just retired from CSX after 40 years. There is no way anyone from CSX gave this guy permission. I'd be interested in a name also.
><> I was born to be a FISHERMAN !!!! <><

Offline fiskasassassin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 06, 2014, 08:07 AM »
keep an eye out for shed antlers found a beautiful set there then some tree hugger lady told me i couldnt take em then i reminded her she was not in the nature preserve she asked me if i knew how to get back i told her the same way you came

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2014, 10:16 AM »
one of the guys in the trucks that roll around said that it was ok i fished there as long as i dont start fires or leave trash i dont see why you have to bash on my fun i didnt mean pennsylvania rr i meant whoever runs the line right next to the pond and im sorry if u feel threatened that im fishing there but its fine and there is no posted signs at all anyways just sais stop live tracks and to proceed with caution so therfor i am fine anyways idk the guys name and have fun bashing on everyones posts
And so it begins........

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2014, 10:17 AM »
keep an eye out for shed antlers found a beautiful set there then some tree hugger lady told me i couldnt take em then i reminded her she was not in the nature preserve she asked me if i knew how to get back i told her the same way you came
NICE
And so it begins........

Offline joes spot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2014, 10:45 AM »
a good fishing spot is  good only when you keep it to yourself ;) ;) ;)

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 06, 2014, 10:59 AM »
a good fishing spot is  good only when you keep it to yourself ;) ;) ;)
yea starting to think it would of been better to leave it to myself seing as people like to bash on were im at
And so it begins........

Offline fishin716

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 06, 2014, 01:14 PM »
There's some monsters in the beaver pond at tift farm too!

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 06, 2014, 03:43 PM »
Its illegal to fish in the back ponds there but lake kirsty is fishable although it isnt permitted to ice fish there if caught fishing the back ponds you are subject of up to a $5000 fine and or up to 90 days in jail
And so it begins........

Offline navychief

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Mar 07, 2014, 09:07 PM »
Buffaloiceman I am not bashing you I just know anyone that could give you permission to fish on railroad property wouldn't do it. There is too much of a safety issue, not just with trains but rail yards are full of hazards.

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 07, 2014, 09:29 PM »
The guy patrolling said it was ok as long i dont start fires or leave trash on the ice but im prolly not gunna ho there anymore anyways
And so it begins........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.