New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SKANEATELES  (Read 969 times)

Offline PERCHEYES80

• IceShanty Rookie
SKANEATELES
« on: Mar 01, 2014, 08:49 AM »
usually fish oneida and sandy pond more than anything want to fish somewhere  different going to skaneateles sunday any ideas or tricks for that lake? not prying on hot spots just some advice or tips would be great when fishing new body of water.

Offline H2O-32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: SKANEATELES
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2014, 08:45 PM »
I usually went out late afternoon and fished till about an hour after dark. Parked right in town walked way out from the docks and a little to the right. If there is a perch bite it is usually intense in the last hour. Once you get the first one stick your pinkie in it's mouth, pop an eye out, and put that on your jig. They will hit that like crazy. I used a swedish pimple, rapala, or bro's blood worm. Pimple worked best for me. Good luck and post your results & pics.

Offline Fisher4Life

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bout that time!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2014, 07:27 AM »
I've used small blue tungsten jigs with spikes, and they would start hitting like you flipped on a switch! I fouled up two different reels, and started hand lining them! Hour after sunrise and hour before dark. I've never spent an entire day out there, bring your shanty and site fish em!

Offline FishReaper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over, I will ice fish there too!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2014, 10:36 AM »
Skaneateles is sooooo much fun to sight fish, the water is CRYSTAL clear, you will be amazed. You will learn more about fish reaction, lure presentation, what you are REALLY seeing on your flasher, as opposed to what you think you are seeing. Do it.... its worth it. And you may be amazed how camouflaged perch are.... I was there last week, sight fishing and watching the flasher, saw what I thought was a solid fish on the flasher, looked down hole, nothing..... I swore my flasher was a piece of crap!! And then I see the perch swimming away.... blended in perfectly, I never saw it! But my flasher did.

Anyone play with lakers in Skan? PM me, I've been messing with them and having tough time.

Offline BudMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2014, 12:48 PM »
What are some good access points on the lake? Fish there all the time during soft water season. Would love to try some laker jigging through the ice.

Offline Fisher4Life

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bout that time!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2014, 05:17 PM »
Only place I've accessed was the north end, parked right in town, fed the parking meter and headed out.

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2014, 09:12 AM »
If you get there early enough u can park on the side street and you don't have to feed the meters ;D ;D

Offline fireandice310

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2014, 10:35 AM »
thinking about going tommorow heard guys are having luck with the trout in 30-60 fow. anybody having luck with the perch closer to shore?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.