Author Topic: End of season report and sign off. Thank you all!  (Read 752 times)

Offline hooknhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
End of season report and sign off. Thank you all!
« on: Feb 27, 2014, 12:05 PM »
Hey all,

I just wanted to send off a quick report of my season and give a big THANK YOU to all who contributed reports and great discussion on ice fishing this year.

I still think this ice is going to be good for a while (but please be careful), just the same, I am done for this season. 

This year brought me many milestones.  I'll enumerate the one I can remember right now.

1.  Best trout (hard or soft water) at 9.75 lbs. 
2.  First large mouth through the ice. 
3.  First catfishough the ice. 
4.  More species caught in a single ice season than ever before.  I caught 9 different species.  Previous personal record was 8.
5.  Fished more days on the ice this year than I ever have before (thanks to my awesome wife, who lets me do a lot of great stuff!).
6.  Watched a relative and great friend hook up and assisted with the landing of a 13.75 rainbow.
7.  Watched a another great friend hook up and lose what we are certain was a tiger muskie.
8.  Best ever day for perch (thanks elkhunt1834, it was truly awesome).  Between the 2 of us we ice well over 100 perch in a single day and over 50 in a single hour.
9.  Got in an argument with a fish cop over the rules, and WON (sort of)!  Really it turned into a win/win for all of us, including the cop, I think.
10.  Ice fished with my granddaughters 2 or 3 times and my wife a couple of times as well.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture.  It was truly an awesome season for me and I am grateful for all the opportunities I had this season.
Thanks to you all and thanks to God for allowing me this truly memorable season.  There are only two things I can think of that I would change.
1.  I'd work harder to get my wife out there with me more often.
2.  There are a couple of good friends I never made it out with.  I'd get in a trip or two with them also.

I wish you all safety and tight lines.
Until next year,

Signing off until next season,
HnH.

P.S.  I'll probably look in a few more times just to see what's going on, but I probably won't respond to any more posts this year. 

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: End of season report and sign off. Thank you all!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2014, 12:31 PM »
I am likely done as well. I plan on spending the next few weekends catching up on household stuff before the ice is off completely and I can get at the perch in the sloughs! :)

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2014, 10:22 AM »
i'm keeping the gear handy just in case i make one more trip down to Johnson before the ice clears out, but that's not likely to happen.

my wrap up goes something like this:

1. slept on the ice for the first time
2. caught fish after dark
3. got an introduction to tip-ups
4. used bobbers for the first time on ice with great success
5. caught a huge mess of bluegill
6. got out fishing almost every weekend
7. species this year include: largemouth bass, yellow perch, rainbow trout, bluegill, green sunfish, and yellow bullhead
8. built my first ice rod (didn't get to use it yet, but that's okay)
9. fished henry's lake for the first time on ice

all in all, a great season that started early and ended too early. i'll be looking forward to seeing you guys on myfishfinder in the coming months.

edit: forgot to mention, i'll still be hanging around here until the majority of the crowd moves over to the sister site. i'm just pretty much done with the ice season.

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2014, 11:35 AM »
I is going to be really cold this weekend and should firm up the ice into March.  The ice fishing is going to be awesome and I am going to keep going.  If I fall in I will let you know.  Ha Ha!

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2014, 05:26 PM »
Headed out monday! Twin lakes or Johnson. I'll post up what I find. Got into this to heavily this year! Can't seem to give it up. This will definitely be my last weekend though. After Friday I'll head back to Kommiefornia for another week of work, then it'll be shed hunting and getting ready for turkey and bear. Time to start shooting the guns again.

Offline J_T_M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Thanks for all the reports and info H&H, I am done as well however the softwater season is just starting so looking forward to hitting the Perch at CJ and also the Kokes and trying out my new Chamberlin release's. Good times just around the corner!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.