Author Topic: Shabbona 2/26  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Tubes77

• IceShanty Rookie
Shabbona 2/26
« on: Feb 26, 2014, 07:44 PM »
I fished Shabbona today from 9 am 5:30 and just could not find crappies that would bite anywhere. I started the day in the deep trees. Fished roughly 8 spots from the edge of the deeper water, to right in between the emergent trees to the section closer to shore and managed a measly 2 fish between 9 am and 2 pm. Plenty of fish actually, just could not get them to commit. Tried jigging, deadsticking, spikes, waxies, minnows jigged, minnows under a slib bobber etc. I then moved over to the campground parking lot and went out and hit two of the campground cribs but no luck there either. Very few fish there on the vex or the aquaview. I finally just wanted to catch something so I moved out to the brige on the roadbed and caught some pretty nice gills. I usually leave the camera at home, but take it to Shab to help find structure. I was surprised at how many walleye were moving over the roadbed and bridge area, but again, no takers. When I stopped into the bait store I saw a pic of a 10 fish limit of crappies from yesterday I believe that was 9.something pounds, or almost a 1 pound average. I'd of been happy with a single one pounder today.

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
Re: Shabbona 2/26
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:33 PM »
Keep the faith Tubes! You did give it a good go and I'm sure you will be rewarded soon. How much ice do you have up there?

tight lines,

ratsotail

Offline Tubes77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2014, 12:51 PM »
"only" 24"...

Offline DaleL57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2014, 01:11 PM »
Tubes77, hearing the same thing from a lot of other people. A lot of sniffers, no takers. At least you gave a valiant effort. I commend you!

Offline wilbur

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2014, 07:21 AM »

Offline Tubes77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2014, 01:20 PM »
Yea, that's the picture Denny showed me at the baitshop. It doesn't surprise me, the best fishing time is always the day before I am there or the day after!  ;D

Offline guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:13 PM »
Has anybody been out lately ?  I'm thinking of going out sat afternoon.

Offline Tubes77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:27 PM »
I think we're gonna try Shab on Saturday.  I would guess the shoreline got soft, but we should have good re'freezing of that area in the next day or so as the temps are supposed to drop pretty hard.  If not, then I think we're gonna try one of the downtown harbors.

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:43 PM »
We fished the roadbeds sunday morning fished 830-1230. Caught our limit on gills but it was very slow. Alot of people moving and drilling. All fish caught in 14 ft of water on the bottom with waxies.

Offline ice--cube

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2014, 08:31 PM »
I was there last Sat and the bite was a little slow. Ice was over 20" I will be back out this Sat. out on the road bed.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2014, 11:25 PM »
Anybody ever get fish at Sule this year?
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline ice--cube

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 13, 2014, 04:13 PM »
Anybody ever get fish at Sule this year?

Not that I ever heard. I was out there about 8 time and nothing. I hope it better this spring.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.