The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Chequamegon Bay first timer  (Read 812 times)

Offline husb0023

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Punching Holes in Wisconsin Since 1986
Chequamegon Bay first timer
« on: Feb 26, 2014, 10:15 AM »
So my in-laws want to see the ice caves when they are here this weekend but I would prefer to go fishing while they sift through the crowds.  I have never been on Chequamegon but I am definitely looking to get out.  Where is the best place to access the bay and drive a truck out?   Many plowed ice roads out there?

Offline LENNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Chequamegon Bay first timer
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2014, 04:42 AM »
have not been up there this year but in ashland there is usually good access, I am not sure about anywhere else as far as driving a truck out. The road between bayfield and madalaine island is somewhere you can drive out also. Best bet would be to stop in at river rock inn bait store and ask. Also on this site look up venom he lives in washburn and has helped me in the past. He also may be available to guide.

Offline Hilts

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2014, 03:15 PM »
Limited options with the snow this year.  I haven't been off of the ashland side to know if the plowed roads are open.  I had heard that they were a mess and haven't seen many people out there this week.  Stop at River Rock, like suggested and get info there.

The only other option with a truck is the ice road from bayfield to madeline island.

Good luck where ever you end up.

Offline PRICE COUNTY STRIKE ZONE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2014, 10:41 AM »
If you give it a try, keep us posted on how you do. I only live about an hour away and never tried it either.
     Beer: So much more than a breakfast drink.  - Homer Simpson

Offline Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2014, 09:57 AM »
The only plowed roads I saw this weekend were off the Marina in Ashland going out to the permanent shacks. That was it. The slush is horrible out there for trucks!!
Bring a snowmobile!
Gone Fishin....

Offline PRICE COUNTY STRIKE ZONE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2014, 11:44 AM »
Thanks for the info. Think i'll wait untill snow melts or next season. Hate to get the truck or wheeler stuck up there.
     Beer: So much more than a breakfast drink.  - Homer Simpson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.