The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: wanting to know if anyone knows a jiffy mechanic in rocksprings area  (Read 1309 times)

Offline jigging jimmy

• IceShanty Rookie
pool cord broke fixed that now it just idles wont rev up need help

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
What model jiffy? It sounds to me like you may have a piece of the chord stuck in it somewhere. Or it may just need to be simply tuned. You can use the search on here for instructions on how to do that.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Simple thing to do is remove the air cleaner and be sure the throttle opens when you open it with your hand.  That is if it is a 2 stroke and not a propane auger. 

If propane you probably have issues with the mixer or tank.  Try another bottle to see if that fixes it.
Don

Offline bp4ester

• IceShanty Rookie
Rons ace rental maybe?

Offline jigging jimmy

• IceShanty Rookie
the throttle works fine when it is not running when it is running it don't work

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep & bear arms.Assume nothing.Fish & hunt often!
Sounds like the turn signals on my vehicles...sometimes they work and then not work.  :-\  Something must be on the blink with them.... ;D

Offline fishinlove

• Team IceShanty Regular
Go to the Jiffy website, they have videos to help with repairs. Their are no Jiffy repair places in Rock Springs or Green River. If you can't find what you need on the website, I would just call. They are very helpful.

Offline fishinlove

• Team IceShanty Regular
Rons ace rental maybe?

I would never take anything to Ron's Ace Rentals. They have screwed up my boat, and my tiller. We have rented from them before only to use a piece of equipment that was broke, in fact it was the most dangerous thing I had ever used. I will never, ever, ever buy, rent or have anything repaired at Ron's.

Offline CHEPIGUY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • gimme back that fillet o fish
there is no air cleaner on a auger. air cleaners filter the dirty air. no such air in the winter. just like your snowblower has no air cleaner.  and the not accelerating up sounds like a spring/linkage issue.
Chepi

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My w
there is no air cleaner on a auger. air cleaners filter the dirty air. no such air in the winter. just like your snowblower has no air cleaner.  and the not accelerating up sounds like a spring/linkage issue.

hmmm, how come my Eskimo has one?
Don

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
On shanty they have a jiffy page on problems and how to fix them. Helped me out a couple tears ago when mine didn't want to stay running and learned a couple things about tuning the auger as well. Very helpful YouTube it as well.
No one left behind.     

Offline rbmchief

• Team IceShanty Addict
thats wierd, my Jiffy has one? ???
I'd rather do it on the ice

Offline Fishly

• IceShanty Rookie
Sounds like a vaccum or fuel pump problem. I have taken my model 30 a couple times to a small engine repair shop in Mountain View in the last 20 years and had the carb rebuilt. Get it back and always runs like a top. If you know a small engine repair in Rock Springs, that is what I suggest. It is a common motor they all know how to work on if they are good.. Good luck.... Fishon

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep & bear arms.Assume nothing.Fish & hunt often!
I dumped out the fuel tank and mixed some fresh straight UNLEADED gas WITHOUT ETHENOL with  synthetic AMSOIL 2 CYCLE OIL and used some of the Sea Foam fuel treatment in my Jiffy 30 and it now runs like a new auger.

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
   My guess the throttle butterfly is stuck shut and not letting air into the engine...bring it up and I will fix it if you get up to Casper.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.