Author Topic: Twin Lakes/ Forebay  (Read 893 times)

Offline brok1984

• IceShanty Rookie
Twin Lakes/ Forebay
« on: Feb 18, 2014, 05:11 PM »
Has anyone fished either one recently? Seen on another website that both had been good about two weeks ago.....

Offline Vex-Um

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Twin Lakes/ Forebay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2014, 08:20 AM »
I won't know until Saturday but I will be happy to post!
Rippin' Lips and Jerkin' Jaws

Offline brok1984

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2014, 08:25 AM »
That's when I'm going! Hopefully we both have a great day!! Are you going to twin lakes or forebay?

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2014, 09:09 AM »
I haven't been in the last two weeks but I've had a friend go each of the last two weekends to Twin and they both left with skunks. They said they marked a lot of fish and saw a lot of fish on the camera but couldn't get them to bite. I heard decent reports of Forebay 3 or so weeks ago but that was when the pumps were being repaired so ice conditions were steady and strong. But as soon as they get those pumps back on it'll fluctuate the water level causing some inconsistent ice conditions. I haven't heard if the pumps are still down or if they are repaired but I'd look into that before you drive that way!

Offline CHRIS 365

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2014, 10:47 AM »
was at forbay a week ago real slushy lots of snow 3 feet of snow fishing was ok for small ranbows.  but getting around was real hard.

Offline Vex-Um

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2014, 08:16 AM »
I'm not sure now Brok,  I'm a little concerned about the wind predictions...  There is nothing I hate more than wind.

Offline Vex-Um

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2014, 07:22 PM »
I'll be there brok, in a black gmc Sierra with a blue ice camo otter. I'm hoping I can get around twin. If not I'll drag around fore bay. If you see me come say hello! I'll be on my own chasing lakers.

Offline Malty Falcon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2014, 12:10 PM »
Forebay has been decent for me, 4 species day last week, and 5 species a month ago.  Most fish coming onto bright jigs with sucker meat.  Deeper water was all macs, and 12FOW had everything.  There are some giant macs in there that have broken us off.  Ice was over 18" thick, and tough drilling.
Fishin' is better with a Malty Beverage!

Offline CHRIS 365

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:21 AM »
hey malty why are you so intent on hot spoting lakes. trying to turn it into antero.  the traffic has dobbeled since your last post on the other site. tell your friends not the hole state please.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.