The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Navionics Wisconsin coverage  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Navionics Wisconsin coverage
« on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:19 PM »
Does anyone know how well the Navionics app covers Wisconsin lakes?  I've been thinking about getting it, but not if it only covers major lakes like Winnebago.

Offline Gimper

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Navionics Wisconsin coverage
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:39 PM »
Go here:

http://www.navionics.com/en

And click 'webapp'. The same lakes are on the phone app. The difference is there is a little triangle where 'you are here' on the map with the phone app.

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:49 PM »
Go here:

http://www.navionics.com/en

And click 'webapp'. The same lakes are on the phone app. The difference is there is a little triangle where 'you are here' on the map with the phone app.

Thanks, I've been to the website a couple times but didn't notice the WeApp was free.

Offline haydo601

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:23 PM »
I have it for the iPhone and it's worked incredible for every lake I've fished this year! Well worth the 5 or 10 bucks!

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:57 PM »
One thing I have noticed in the last two years of having it is that it does well on lakes, but lacks a lot of the major rivers and flowages that I fish.  But we'll worth it for the lakes!

Offline puddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2014, 11:37 PM »
I like it alot and have been using it extensively this year.
You can't catch fish in the parking lot.

Offline Kilbourn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin Dells, WI
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2014, 04:44 PM »
I was just asking HIMO'S son the other day about this app and thought it was cool. Good question and thanks for the info GIMPER. I was wondering the same thing myself. I also wonder if you buy the app for a phone and have to replace the phone if you have to buy the app again for the new one or does the info transfer over?

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2014, 08:49 PM »
Nope...once you buy it its yours.  Once you switch phones you would just sign into your Google account and reload it on your phone.  Unless you switch to an iPhone from android or vice versa you just need to sign in and red download it.

Offline Kilbourn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin Dells, WI
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2014, 11:19 PM »
Nope...once you buy it its yours.  Once you switch phones you would just sign into your Google account and reload it on your phone.  Unless you switch to an iPhone from android or vice versa you just need to sign in and red download it.

Good to know Thank You. Looks like I have some things to download when I get home.  >:D

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:06 PM »
I think I am going to get it as well.  We'll see how much it helps.

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2014, 11:02 PM »
It is awesome...but it will eat up your battery if you let it run.  Like I said its a beautiful tool...it just lacks on the river and flowage end of things. I still use it every time and even use it trolling in the summer.  I have checked it with the sonar on the boat too and it's very close to being dead on accurate.

Offline FiveOFisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2014, 09:38 AM »
Bought it about 3 years ago...best app purchase ever. I use it all the time, even used it last summer when we went on a houseboat on Rainy Lake; it had all the navigation paths and whatnot.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2014, 05:26 AM »
I was just asking HIMO'S son the other day about this app and thought it was cool. Good question and thanks for the info GIMPER. I was wondering the same thing myself. I also wonder if you buy the app for a phone and have to replace the phone if you have to buy the app again for the new one or does the info transfer over?

when we had the Southern Wisconsin meet and greet on Feb. 8th, my son drove his truck to what the app said was 14 ft. of water. we drilled a test hole and dropped in the Marcum and guess what, dead on accurate. sounds like an app well worth the money to me.

HIMO
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline puddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2014, 01:23 PM »
HIMO, I had the same experience that day, and have at other lakes as well.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 21, 2014, 10:06 AM »
HIMO, I had the same experience that day, and have at other lakes as well.

I didn't even know my son had the app.LOL !!!

HIMO

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 21, 2014, 10:16 PM »
Could he have been holding back a secret weapon from the old man?

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 22, 2014, 08:50 AM »
Could he have been holding back a secret weapon from the old man?

that makes a guy wonder. LOL !!! he is being really nice because with almost 30" of ice, he would have to use the hand auger instead of the new Jiffy Pro4 Propane auger I bought.

HIMO

Offline Kilbourn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin Dells, WI
« Reply #17 on: Mar 02, 2014, 04:13 PM »
... Downloaded the app and paid for the maps and haven't been on the ice once to test it out. How sad! I know it will be worth it thought when I do get out!

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 07, 2014, 04:32 PM »
That's ok...it works in the summertime too.  Helps me keep my line when I'm trolling.

Offline puddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 07, 2014, 11:22 PM »
I just downloaded the upgrade for it. The map has a few more features you can set a min and max depth range and it will only highlight that depth range on the lake. There are a few other things but I have to play with it.

Offline Kilbourn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin Dells, WI
« Reply #20 on: Mar 08, 2014, 04:20 PM »
Wow that sounds like a good tool puddy. I would check it out but my S4 crashed because Samsung or U.S. Cellular can't get there head out of there ..... I was set a new phone that I should be getting in a day, but than again I heard that five days ago. Big suprise there! OK I'll get off the soap box now. Just happy this phone lasted four months before it crashed unlike the last one! :-)

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 12, 2014, 07:19 PM »
I have been really liking the app.  I would like to figure out what all the symbols on the map mean.  There are green plus signs on the map but I can't get them to do anything.

Offline Kilbourn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin Dells, WI
« Reply #22 on: Mar 13, 2014, 06:22 PM »

Got my new phone after the other one crashed and the app along with the maps I paid for reloaded and work just fine. When I asked the question some time back I had no intentions on testing it.lol I guess that's what I get for asking.  :-\ Thanks for the reply.

Offline FishStoriesJR

• IceShanty Rookie
  • U.S. Navy Active Duty Photojournalist
« Reply #23 on: Mar 17, 2014, 10:32 AM »
I have been really liking the app.  I would like to figure out what all the symbols on the map mean.  There are green plus signs on the map but I can't get them to do anything.

Tap the screen once to get the little crosshairs on the screen. Center the crosshairs in the icon you want to check out and then tap the blue question mark button and you will see the info for that spot on the map. This also works on buoys and stuff as well.
Good Luck & Good Fishing!

Jon

Offline TIBS

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tipup!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: Apr 25, 2014, 05:01 PM »
I was able to use this phone app a lot this season, I bought it late last ice season.  While I had a terrible year, it wasn't the apps fault.  It was on target everywhere I went with it, which was mostly Big Green and Fox.  Used it on Winnebago as well during spearing season too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.