The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Limited Success  (Read 907 times)

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
Limited Success
« on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:56 AM »
Yesterday I was able to get out again after a pike or two. Drove the Ice Horse down the road from the house and onto my favorite pike lake.

Set up in a location I have done well in before. Ice was around 16" with my 18" Husqvarna struggling to get through all that ice :-\

Set up on a drop off adjacent to a large weed bed in 13 fow. Noticed a large Bass swim through the hole and saw a gill even before I got my decoy down. Sat from 2:30 until before dark. I was shocked I didn't see any pike except for one hammer handle that gave the deke a wack or two and swam off.

Had schools of gills, large and small interested in the decoy the entire evening. Even had two schools of perch roll through.

Where the pike were I couldn't tell you, not below me last night. Switched out a variety of decoys. The afternoon started with clear skies and became overcast as the evening rolled on.   Heading out today to a friends place. Good feelings about tonight. This lake is private and chuck full of pike. Sat in his spearing shack Monday night and saw over ten pike and speared a 26" eater. Most pike there stayed tight to the bottom of 16 fow though. I only see better days ahead as the season winds down!
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Limited Success
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2014, 11:15 AM »
Sounds like a pretty good day all in all.

WS

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
Re: Limited Success
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2014, 03:11 PM »
Out on buddies lake now. Seen 5 pike.so far. Had a 35 plus cruise through and missed an eater so far.
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.