Author Topic: Re: Island Park  (Read 1114 times)

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Island Park
« on: Feb 13, 2014, 07:22 PM »
Thinking of fishing IP Saturday. Anyone else going up there? Always welcome to join me if you like.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2014, 08:44 PM »
Take a good shovel to get down to the ice , last I heard 20 " of snow . There will probably be deep water under the snow so good boots will be important . GOOD LUCK
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2014, 01:18 AM »
I may go up saturday.  I wish there were some reports of anyone fishing it this week.  Last week we did pretty good, but there sure was deep snow.  Where are you going to be fishing?

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:32 AM »
Haven't made up my mind between the dam and the boat launch. Wish there were more reports also. I will be driving a red Dodge Ram with matching topper. I am leaning towards the dam as I haven't tried there this year. Although the last report was by the boat launch by Groundtrac. Guess I will figure it out when I get there. Have to remember a shovel. Look me up if anyone else comes up.

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2014, 06:29 PM »
Fished by the dam today. Lot of people out. Was an impromptu tournament in memory of a man that passed. Lot of people getting fish. Liv2Hnt kicked my but today. He took home 5 I took home 1. We caught others that were way too small. All rainbows. Forget taking a shovel. The slush was almost to my knees. Take waders. Was great to get out. Tight lines.

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2014, 07:38 PM »
I ended up fishing at Lakeside.  The slush was not too bad.  By the time we left it was a little sloppy.  We stuck mainly to some good snowmobile tracks, get off the tracks and the snow is up to your thigh and some slush underneath.  Just one other group fishing near us.  Pretty slow fishing, iced a couple keepers and saw lots of little ones on the sonar, bait thief potlickers.  Iced another 4 pound sucker.  I couldnt beleive it, cuz I was fishing 10 feet off the bottom, but he came up for it and took off, fought all the way to the hole, really thought I had a big rainbow or brooke on till I got him up in the hole and got eyes on him!  Then during our last half hour finally hooked into 2 nice rainbows, 1 was a fattie and the other went longer but a little skinner, both around 22 inches.  Was fishing in 30 fow, but all the fish were from 10 to 20 feet.  The conditions were a little better than I anticipated, I think I'll make a couple more trips up next week.

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2014, 10:00 AM »
Fished again at Lakeside Tuesday morning.  Slush mostly frozen on the previously tracked area.  Ice is really thick.  For the time I was able to fish the bite was steady, size was decent.

Unfortunately I had an accident when drilling a hole with my power auger, was almost through to the water and my auger grabbed at something and twisted while I was pulling, so I twisted, pulled, and pushed all at the same time and my back exploded.  My wife says "you arent allowed to go alone", well, I was alone and there wasnt anyone round, not even snowmobilers.  Decided not to call the paramedics, but waited the two hours for my dad and brother to come get me.  I had one hole where I was incapacitated, so fished it while I waited and caught 2, sat and watched my other 4 poles all have awesome bites and fish on and lost that I couldnt do anything about.  Made it to Rexburg hospital and will hopefully be able to go home friday.  My ice fishing season is over for this year.   :'( 

Many thanks for all the support I've gotten, and I do want to thank everyone who helped with suggestions and reports this season, overall it was really great.  See you all next year out on the ice!

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2014, 11:48 AM »
Sorry you got injured . I am glad you are going to be ok .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2014, 08:09 PM »
Thanks Curt

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2014, 09:57 AM »
Get better soon groundtrac. Nothing is worse than a back injury. did you break vertebrate or rupture a disc?

Offline thinktwicez71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2014, 10:14 AM »
get well soon , sorry to hear the bad news

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2014, 11:47 AM »
Just caught wind of this, sorry to hear. Hopefully you're feeling better!  Get well soon!

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2014, 03:16 PM »
Sorry to hear this Groundtrac. Get well soon.

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 26, 2014, 03:22 PM »
Anyone been up there lately? Hoping to go this weekend. Wondering if there are any reports. Thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.