Author Topic: Bloomington Area Thru Weekend  (Read 1210 times)

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Bloomington Area Thru Weekend
« on: Feb 13, 2014, 10:31 AM »
Out this afternoon and rest of weekend anyone want to meet up? drag my sled?  gather? We could throw money in a pot and mail it to hoosier.  ;D  2 feet of snow 6 inch of slop 2 feet of ice.

Got to love the sport.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
Re: Bloomington Area Thru Weekend
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2014, 03:03 PM »
I will TRADE cash for a couple stickers    ;D

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2014, 09:39 PM »
talk about excitement. nobody much was out anywhere and dumb guys plow road at B but not the parking areas. Just leave the gate locked you have done it before.  grrrrrr'

Had the concession area all to my self.  big marks on vex turned out to be big crappie on camera.
A concrete block is 16 inches right?  So the fish above the block had to be at least 12.  Not sure how or if you can record off the base micro vu.

the best part ?  was the profusely ugly nose bleed after loading up.  lost about a pint of blood quick.  big puddle in lap and ran down arms to elbows of sweatshirt.  sinuses got full of clotted blood too. who said dying of cancer wasn't fun?  went to ER but the flu and respiratory mess there made me leave.  on fone to med staff in am.    oh well.

stay healthy people.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2014, 07:36 PM »
Lakes are way up E is over top of spillway and B is close.  Little wet between ice and shore.  Think we are fried down here till next weekend anyway.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2014, 09:34 AM »
Went a bit north to visit the skunk.  Oh well.....

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2014, 09:31 PM »
Hoping to find fish this weekend.

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2014, 09:56 PM »
Heading to Ramsey tomorrow...hoping to find fishable ice, one last time! It's been a great year for the hardwater in Southern IL!

tight lines,

ratsotail

Offline DaWakoKid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2014, 08:58 AM »
Thinking about going out East of town this weekend. Anyone know how much ice is still on the lakes around Blo/No? Most still fishable?

Not like I don't have enough other crap to do out there, though. Can always clear brush for the open water season if the ice isn't fishable.

Offline Tubes77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2014, 10:42 PM »
Going to Montrose in the morning in quest for the yellow stiped ones, if you got time come join up with us Blu.  I'll haul your shack and drill your holes!

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2014, 06:58 AM »
Puppy today and hopefully smoker tomorrow   

besides fact I know nothing about Chicago shorelines and harbors.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.