Author Topic: Shack in the water at Sheridan lk  (Read 1523 times)

Offline fishfeind

• Team IceShanty Regular
Shack in the water at Sheridan lk
« on: Feb 09, 2014, 06:51 PM »
Went uptoday saw what looked to be a green hard side froze in by the north boat ramp. Anyone have any info...?
Seems like everytime I think it would be nice to have one to leave up there I see that happen and have second thoughts.Any info would be nice hope nobody was home.
Getem caught

Offline Allfishinnocatchin

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Shack in the water at Sheridan lk
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2014, 08:59 AM »
It went in during the tournament. It was sitting in standing water in the morning and it fell through about 2. It looked like a really nice clean shack. I guess nobody could find a name on it to try to call the owner.

Offline SoDakdick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2014, 04:47 PM »
Fish it you now there is structure.
Keep your stick on the ice we are all in this together.

Offline PerchOnIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2014, 04:58 PM »
I noticed it there a couple weeks ago too as I watched an SUV go barreling by it towards another shack on the ice. Was the ice thin in that area? Sort of odd seeing an ice shack go through with guys driving full size trucks and suburbans all over the lake.

Offline fishfeind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:35 PM »
The reflection and heating of shacks staying in one place to long cause the iceto thin
Getem caught

Offline muskie9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2014, 06:09 PM »
Hi guys, I usually don't drive on the ice, but this weekend I might be fishing with an older person at Sheridan Lake.  It would be much easier to get around if I drive on the ice.  I know it's not suggested, but is the ice thick enough? are there other cars out there? any weak spots I should look out for?

Offline PerchOnIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:37 AM »
I'm not a fan of driving vehicles on the ice personally, but every trip I have made to Sheridan in the last 2-3 weeks there has been trucks about everywhere. Not sure if the warm weather/rain/wind made it over that area, but last friday there was at least 3 full size trucks over by the dam and a handful of others spread across the lake. Be safe, call around or check with the Rooster and see if they have a report on ice after the last few days of warm weather.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.