Author Topic: 11 Mile or Antero  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Cub Fan 719

• IceShanty Rookie
11 Mile or Antero
« on: Feb 05, 2014, 05:55 PM »
That is the question. Heading up somewhere tomorrow.  Anyone know how either lake has been as of late?

Offline Hambone77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 11 Mile or Antero
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2014, 07:54 PM »
My neighbor fished the mile last night near cross creek. He said he iced eight bows in six hours. It was also well below zero.

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2014, 03:59 PM »
That is the question. Heading up somewhere tomorrow.  Anyone know how either lake has been as of late?

I've heard the bite at the Mile is picking up. Small tubes/jigs/spoons in shallow water.

Offline Eyefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:31 AM »
Hit the mile this weekend and it was slow for us. We did see some fish, but only 2 slimers for takers. Sounded like it was slow for most. Fished lazy boy and rocky flats. Saw a huge pike go by, but not even a look from him.

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2014, 01:14 PM »
Does anyone have any current reports on the mile? Wanted to take my three year old up this weekend. I want to come home with dinner that we did not get at the store. Any information would be very much appreciated. Location, depth, lure, bait, time. I am new to colorado 1 year and even newer to ice fishing. Went once with a coworker and now I can't quit! 

Offline leroyparker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2014, 10:17 AM »
Due to this, that, and the other thing I haven't been able to get out and do ANY fishing. :(  But I do check out the fishing reports that 11 Mile Marine posts. Maybe that'd help you.  http://www.11milesports.com/

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2014, 06:56 PM »
Made it to the mile today late, due to a bad decision to try monument this morning. Fished from 12:30 till about 3:30 the weather was great, sunny and light wind. Caught some stockers brought two home. My three year old had fun reeling in the trout. Nothing great but better than 5" perch. Caught all fish on the jaw jacker I really like that thing. Only got it so I could fish one more pole. Not enough room in the shanty for three poles and a three year old boy.  I put it outside and protect the other two from my kid. Any one else have any luck at the mile this weekend?

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2014, 07:58 PM »
Nice fatty! I'm hoping to get out there next week.

Offline CHRIS 365

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:25 AM »
if you want size ide go to the mile

Offline Hambone77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:32 PM »
My eight year old son and I iced 28 slimers in about6 hours. Saw 4 really big fish that looked but did not take.

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2014, 08:35 PM »
I am headed to the mile in the morning with my boy. I hope we hook into something. Anybody else going to fish the mile Saturday morning? I think I will try Stoll Mountain area unless someone knows a hotter area. If so maybe we could meet up. Thanks for looking.

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2014, 06:24 PM »
We'll no luck at Stoll Mountain not even a nibble. I talked to one guy that had been there all morning and nothing. So I packed it up drove to the boat launch popped one hole at the end of the dock set the jaw jacker went back to the jeep, watched with the radio and heater on and twenty minutes later a fifteen inch cut-bow. The boy and I headed home without getting skunked.

Offline gman008

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2014, 09:37 PM »
Hit the Mile on Friday caught 7, 1-7lber and my buddy caught 1-5lber (Both released). I think it is picking up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.