Author Topic: ice off?  (Read 998 times)

Offline gunslinger

• Team IceShanty Regular
ice off?
« on: Feb 05, 2014, 01:49 PM »
I know its a dirty word but when can u usually expect iceoff at cascade?

Offline Silverbullet555

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ice off?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2014, 04:08 PM »
Don't worry, I was thinking the same thing. For me, the thought of trying for the aggressive trout at the start of open water sounds fun. My dad will be up in March and my fishing buddy will be back from deployment in the sandbox at the end of March. That, and how much more time do I have to ice fish before it's over.
James

Offline hooknhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2014, 04:14 PM »
The answer to the question is impossible to pin down, just like at the first of the season everyone is asking, when will there be enough ice to fish on.

Typical would be some time in late March or April, I believe, but I never fish on it long enough to find out.  It seems that the coming of spring always makes me too busy to find out exactly how long the ice is good.

Offline gunslinger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2014, 05:13 PM »
Ya iv really bin itching to go and had a big trip planned4 this weekend but sadly my boss has informed me that after working every weekend since Christmas we still hav 3 to five weeks b4 I will hav a day off and it is driving me absolutely crazy. Last time I went was b4 Christmas and im getting scared that by the time i c the lake again it will b thawed :( I need more outside time than I hav bin getting.it just ain't right

Offline spud bar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2014, 05:54 PM »
Thought it was an odd question at first, but I see your predicament now.  That's a bummer.

Offline cyclocoastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2014, 11:15 AM »
The last 2 years it was early to early-mid April that we stopped ice fishing. It wasn't because of the ice being gone. It's because the edges fade off. You can still get on okay in the early morning, but you might get a little wet comin' off. If you get creative on your approach, late ice can go for quite awhile. Think about your safety measures though. Every year is different, but historical trends can help give you a pretty good idea of what to expect.
Jesus was an ice fisherman...

Offline gunslinger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2014, 12:00 PM »
Thanks4 the info maiby hope is not lost :)

Offline gunslinger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2014, 09:38 AM »
Anyone got a good guess on when to hit ice off at cascade ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.