Author Topic: WARNING POORLY DESIGNED GARBAGE! NATURES VISION JIG-UP  (Read 17256 times)

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
Re: WARNING POORLY DESIGNED GARBAGE! NATURES VISION JIG-UP
« Reply #30 on: Dec 10, 2006, 10:25 AM »
I saw the jigging tip-up in the DVD that Natures Vision has out
The spool dipping in and out of the water looked like a nice feature ;D
It looks cheap too :%$#!:
Thankyou :bow: for proving that it is the POS it looks like
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline Home Wood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 10, 2006, 05:42 PM »
My wife bought me some ice fishing stuff from Cabelas for my birthday this coming friday. Well I couldn't wait and opened my gifts early. She got me one of these auto jigging tip ups. It does seem pretty cheaply made, but hey it was a gift and I'll use it for poops and giggles. I also got a new jig rod, thermals and one of Frabills orange disc looking tip ups. I'm used to the old fashioned 3 wooden stick tip ups. I ordered a new Polar and pimples from Cabelas last week, should be here any day now. We'll see how this auto jigging tip up works. If it's too cold to use, I have plenty of other tip ups to use.
2004 Honda Rancher 350 4x4
2014 Honda Foreman
2005 Arctic Cat Sabercat 600
Jiffy auger
lots of tip ups
2 slush spoons

Offline smoker9000

• IceShanty Rookie
  • can't wait for good ice
« Reply #32 on: Dec 11, 2006, 10:37 PM »
 Speaking of endorsment names, have you guys seen that plastic pos Roland Martin is putting his name on. The bazooka fisherman or what ever it's called. Come on I mean does being a pro sportsman pay so poorly you'd have to endorse such Kmart engineered crap. And as for the jig-up, don't feel to bad I was about 2 seconds from buying it on sale for 15 bucks my self, I mean I hear good things about the windlass and it does'nt look to me to be over built if you know what I'm say'n.
Tip Ups*
Jiggin Poles*
Sled*
Bucket*
Ice...
 Wheres the ICE!!!!!!

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never mess with another man's hole.
« Reply #33 on: Dec 12, 2006, 04:55 PM »
Thanks for the warning Barley your revenge is this post!
  Ice Fishermen Walk on Water!

Offline mullen2525

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 12, 2006, 08:45 PM »
After reading this post the other day, I saw this product at DICKS....got a chuckle out of it...seems to be a low quality product readily available, go figure :)

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 14, 2006, 07:39 PM »
As a gift, I would say! Thank you, (love & kisses)!  :-* When their not looking, take it back for a refund!  :-X

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 14, 2006, 08:30 PM »
BarelyDog -
One dog to another, thanks for the report.  It does not surprise me.  I ordered their free CD this year, and
from their on info-merical could tell that thing was trouble.  I think I remembered reading your experiences
last year, but it's not surprising.  Hoping you get/got your tip-up jigging problem solved.  If so, update us all please.

MD

Offline BUSCHLITE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 14, 2006, 10:07 PM »
I picked up the Dec. Infishermen today, and watched the DVD they stuck in there. When they got to the part on the jig up, and  I saw that spool going in and out of the water like that, I started to laugh and blew soda pop out my nose. I'll stick with my Beaver Dams thank you. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out whats going to freeze and not turn. They must of done their testing in July, off a dock or something.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #38 on: Dec 14, 2006, 10:50 PM »
Thanks Gents! ;D
Yeah it's funny now!  Last year was a different story...  C.  I'm glad that my mistake will help others in their decisions.

Mainedog,  I did send it back to Cabela's and they refunded me my $$.  I did write them a little letter of concern stating my dismay, (without losing my bearing.)  Well my letter wasn't answered, (I assume it's due to Cabela's being swamped/overwhelmed with GENZ JIG UP returns eh!) Oh well!

Buschlite,
Amen to Beaver Dams!  Infishermen is pimping this monster out now?  Your right about testing it from a dock in the summer.  Problem starts with us folks in Alaska who rarely fish in 32+ degree weather?  :D  If you want something tested for WINTER use, send it up here!  8)

Good Fishing All!
TEAM ALASKA

Offline model8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 16, 2006, 08:12 AM »
that is why i go with all wood tip ups like the high flyers i use they are always well constructed and have never failed me or at least when i respool them the right way lol and they are more visible when the flag goes
jiffy model 30 the only ice auger because the bells and wissles wont  cut ice.

Offline lostfisher1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 16, 2006, 08:47 AM »
i hate nature vision products. i got a 400$ aqua VU what a waste. that thing looked so cheap, and the aquaviews don't last as long as a vex would. they r a piece of crap. david genz is just greedy. he puts his name on everything he can that is ice fishing related as long as they give him some $$$. i hate nature vision. there products suck and r cheep. has anyone seen there folding chair in a shanty it looked like it would of blown away if no one was sitting in it. i am never going to by any nature vision products because of the poor quality. i prefer marcum's anyways.

Offline walbra60

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAG------------STAFF, ARIZONA
« Reply #41 on: Feb 22, 2007, 07:12 PM »
i too got suckered in by this crappy product. i think i will take it for a ride to my local rifle range. :tipup:
i love the gander mountain discount.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #42 on: Feb 22, 2007, 07:43 PM »
yep me too, I read this last year, and even after that I tried one because it was very cheap (blow out sale, now I know why)........I almost left the piece of junk on the ice....crap...not worth $5

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Mar 14, 2007, 05:38 PM »
I bought one for a gimic to bring along on an annual ice fishing trip I take with 6 buddies - 10 days of nothing but ice fishing. I put the thing in the water in spite of the harassment I knew I was going to take and believe it or not I caught a 26" pike on it. After that one fish I haven't been able to get it to work again - so it went in our box of "I told you so" crap.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #44 on: Mar 17, 2007, 09:15 AM »
I know the feeling     def a POS   but worked good in the former ice shack   but noisy   (see post ) http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=55442.0
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.