The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo z71 help  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Arcom

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo z71 help
« on: Feb 03, 2014, 03:52 PM »
Hey guys I need a little bit of help here. i have a 10inch z71 and i was out with it on saturday with a buddy. well after we had drilled our first couple of holes, the off switch wouldnt turn off the auger? i could have it idling and flip it fron ON to OFF without any changes, i later just had to power it off by giving it some gas while in choke. so today i went to have a look at it and now i notice its leaking a little bit of gas from the fuel line and wont even turn on anymore  :-\ overall it went from running fine saturday morning to not turning off and now is leaking gas. Im by no means an engine expert i was just woundering if maybe someone could give me a few suggestions as to where to begin with the this dilema...

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Eskimo z71 help
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:06 PM »
On/off and gas leaking are not related. The on/off switch grounds out the coil and kills the plug. You can just pull the plug to shut off the engine if needed, no need to bog it down and flood the carb. I had an issue with my kill switch and ardsiam sent me a new one next-day mail via speedee. Leaking gas, where was it coming from? Fuel line is pretty generic.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:12 PM »
The fuel line kit is really cheap from Eskimo. 

The fuel leak sounds like a seal on the carb is shot.  YOu either need a carb rebuild or order a new carb.  I did this for mine this year, take note. the carb is now non adjustable and needs to go to a service center to adjust the main jet.

the switch should be able to get one any place.
Don

Offline Arcom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:17 PM »
Ok i cant tell exacly where it is leaking from all i know is there was a little bit of fuel near where you prime it. is it possible i just may have flooded it powering it down by giving it gas via the choke? i just tried it again and this time it started! i also just pulled spark plug this time to turn it off.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:19 PM »
You can just pull the plug to shut off the engine if needed.

And yet another case of engaging the keyboard while the noodle is in neutral.   Think man, think, when the plug wire is removed the engine has no spark and stalls, so, please explain why it's necessary to pull the plug.  Oh, and be sure to do that with wet hands and let us know how you like getting jolted.    :woot: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:40 PM »
No OPE or SME cert there, I would daresay.  ::)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:38 PM »
Plug wire. I was typing on my phone, sometimes the brain moves faster than the thumbs.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2014, 09:07 AM »
and the fuel leak is probably the result of a saturated air filter from excessive priming.

Take the foam out, squeeze it in a rag a few times to get the fuel out.  Just don't prime so much to get her going.

Q

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2014, 10:55 AM »
2 to 3 Primes is more then enough. I usually go with just 2 when I first start mine. Z51. After that I hardly ever use the prime bulb.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.