Author Topic: Lets Talk Weather  (Read 1103 times)

Offline cyclocoastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lets Talk Weather
« on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:06 PM »
Deep Creek Lake is kickin' my butt! Don't get me wrong, I've caught fish and had a great time everyday on the ice! Big thanks to all of you who have shared tackle tips and ecological characteristics. I'd never ask a fellow for specific locations. But, does anyone watch weather patterns? What conditions historically work for you?
Jesus was an ice fisherman...

Offline Ghart

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lets Talk Weather
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:25 PM »
I have my best luck on a falling barometer up to and into a storm.  Cloudy days are nice as well.  Bright sunshine is my kiss of death!  :tipup:

Offline cyclocoastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2014, 05:02 AM »
Have you had slow weekends too the past couple of weeks too?

Offline crappie assain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2014, 07:09 AM »
I hear moon phases has something to do with it as well.  The falling or change in the barometric pressure too.  I also find when you have a cold snap the fish tend to shut down. The fishing to me always seems best first ice and end of ice.  When the ice melts it releases oxygen into the water making the fish more active/hungry.  That's my take. 

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2014, 09:29 AM »
I think when the wind blow the fish at deep creek shut down it seems. Never had a good day wen it was windy up there.

Offline cyclocoastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2014, 04:42 AM »
I agree. But what weather mid season is best? I know what I like but I'm not sure the fish agree! Seems to me last weekend was a low pressure time. But at least for me, the bite wasn't a chart topper.

Offline crappie assain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2014, 09:44 PM »
If you spend the time fishing one body of water for awhile, you'll get to see these patterns.  I fish this one particular bay in upstate NY and as the yrs pass I realize the patterns and habits of the fish. Not saying that I got them figured out, but defiantly realizing there patterns, early, mid, and late ice. Time spent on the ice is the best teacher there is. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.