Author Topic: Perchin4polio is this weekend !!!!!!!!!  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
Perchin4polio is this weekend !!!!!!!!!
« on: Jan 27, 2014, 03:16 PM »
“Perchin4polio” 

Feb. 1st

The LaPorte Indiana Ice Derby this year will have a special focus on perch. 
 50% of the registrations fees will go toward cash prizes and 50% will go toward charities, which include Rotary’s worldwide effort to eradicate polio.  Rotary of LaPorte is partnering with the LaPorte City Parks Department to put on their annual ice derby on Saturday Feb. 1st. 
 The weight of your biggest 10 perch will compete for cash prizes for 1st/ 3rd/6th/9th/15th places. Cash prizes will depend on the number of fisherman, last year we had 55 fisherman.  We will also have prize items for biggest bass, crappie, gill and pike.
 Registration is $15 if you pre-register by Friday January 31 at the LaPorte Parks Department at 219-326-9600. Registration is $20 the day of the event,.
 You can fish any lake in LaPorte County but you must check in at Cummings Lodge on the day of the event anytime after 6:00 am CST, weigh in is at 4:00 pm CST.
 This is a great family friendly event that is held at warm Cummings lodge on Stone Lake. Refreshments and bathrooms will be available. For more information go to www.perchin4polio.webs .com    or call Mike Sutton (Crappiehunter) at [email protected] or 219-510-3193

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Perchin4polio is this weekend !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2014, 03:47 PM »
This is going to be a blast!!! Had a great time last year measuring lots of fish. Looking forward to it again this year!!!

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2014, 04:19 PM »
Planning on fishing it again this year! A buddy of mine (flagstacket) won the vexilar last year after coming down to two coin flips. Had a great time and can't wait to attend again. Good luck everyone!

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:20 PM »
Thanks JT and Ice Shanty for the support. Interested fishermen please go to the website for updated details. To make it clear, this tourney includes divisions for Bass, Crappie, Bluegill/Redear, Pike and Perch. We are calling it Perchin4polio to highlight the special charity that will benefit from it. We've added more cash prizes and we have decided we are NOT going to limit the perch fishing to Stone Lake. Here's the website with all the details www.perchin4polio.webs .com 

Cummings Lodge is a GREAT place to have this. Bathrooms, kitchen and a fireplace and a great view of Stone Lake. This would be a great event for the seasoned fishermen as well as a great place  to bring your wives/girlfriends or young son/daughter or grandson/granddaughter too. You can fish any lake in LaPorte County but must check in before fishing at 6am, even if you are pre-registered!  You can weigh in fish during the day or at the end of the event at 4pm. You must be there at 4pm for the prizes.

We are running a special perch category in addition to the Big Fish contest. We will be weighing your top 10 perch  for some additional prizes. We will not be rewarding the traditional 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but we will reward places 1st, 3rd, 6th, 9th, and 15th place. It’s going to be a great day with some great prizes. We are also working on some plans on how to preserve the big pike that might be caught. More details the morning of registration. Come out for a great day.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2014, 06:35 PM »

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2014, 10:11 PM »
Glad to see you made the paper Mike. It's gonna be a good time for sure! See you there!!!

Offline muskyjoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:16 PM »
I hope work is gonna allow me to fish Saturday.  This sounds like fun and it is for a good cause.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:24 PM »
One discussion I've been having with a few fisherman is "How can we save the pike in Pine or Stone  during the derby? " Trust me, I fish and love these lakes and want to do what I can to keep the big predator fish. What I've decided to do is give the pike fisherman a wooden yardstick from a local business on Saturday morning.(You'll find out what business on Sat)  If you catch a pike, you can bring it in or take a digital picture with your smart phone laying next to the yard stick. . I'll be the final judge on the length of the fish from the photo. I know that's opening me up to criticism but I'll do the best I can. Hope this helps save a few fish. I won't be doing this for pike from other LaPorte Lakes or for Bass. Sorry can't save them all:) Maybe next year we'll expand this concept.  Forecast is 26  for Saturday, gonna feel like a heat wave!!  Fish on!!!

Just a reminder you MUST check in on Saturday morning at 6am Central Standard Time at Cummings Lodge no matter whether you pre-register or not or what lake you plan to fish.  For those coming from the east, LaPorte is on Central Standard Time(Chicago time) Gonna be a great day!

Offline MisterIzzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ruining Everybody's Good Time
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:44 PM »
Any door prizes, raffles, or pull tabs at the lodge?  Just wondering if I should bring extra gambling cash.  ;) ;D
Check out the Great Lakes Goofers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knttuPRpZbk

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2014, 09:20 PM »
Got out on Stone today to check the perch bite....  working on seeing if I could get 10. Took me about 2 hrs to get 8 in the area I was in.

Offline ValparaisoGirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2014, 07:33 AM »
Nice fish Mike!  I'm heading north today and excited to be there!  Count me it.

Offline popnfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:17 AM »
here's one for motivation, saw it on the Michigan board

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=281879.0

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:23 AM »
lol, woohoo hope someone brings one in like that on Saturday!! That should go on the wall!  We've got a ton of great prizes for the LaPorte Derby donated by our sponsors. Setting up today. Might be a bit snowy tomorrow but what's new??!!!  Can't wait.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:41 AM »
I'd like to encourage the fisherman coming to LaPorte to support one of our sponsors Kaast Baitshop. They are located at 3026 West Small Road LaPorte, IN 46350. This is very close to the boat ramp on Stone Lake. They open at 5am. Thanks Steve for the support!!!

Offline tschneid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:51 AM »
I'd like to encourage the fisherman coming to LaPorte to support one of our sponsors Kaast Baitshop. They are located at 3026 West Small Road LaPorte, IN 46350. This is very close to the boat ramp on Stone Lake. They open at 5am. Thanks Steve for the support!!!

I assume he is prepared for the amount of people that will potentially be coming out. I am making the drive from Cedar Lake and pass a few places on my way and just want to make sure that he is gonna be prepared and would like to help out a sponsor.

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:58 AM »
I assume he is prepared for the amount of people that will potentially be coming out. I am making the drive from Cedar Lake and pass a few places on my way and just want to make sure that he is gonna be prepared and would like to help out a sponsor.
He always has plenty of bait!

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 31, 2014, 01:14 PM »
Here is Kaast's phone number if you want to confirm 219-575-7016. Thanks for the support!!

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 31, 2014, 07:36 PM »
Set up the prizes and freebies and door prizes, lots of great stuff to give away....

View of Stone Lake from the Lodge..

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 31, 2014, 07:40 PM »
Laporte Ice derby.... tomorrow.      Got my gear all ready.............. :tipup:... FLAG!!!

I hope to see some of you out there............Looks good Mike!!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2014, 07:55 PM »
FYI, I talked to the LaPorte Parks Dept today and they plowed the lot at Huber's Ramp Lot on South Pine Lake. Hoping to help a few more fisherman fish that area.  Fun to work with a parks dept that is really trying to support the fishermen.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:06 PM »
Wow!  thats Nice....
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 31, 2014, 10:42 PM »
See you there bright and early!!! Looks good Mike!!!

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 01, 2014, 06:02 PM »
Had a great day fishing the Derby. The bite was tough bit did manage one crappie that happened to be the biggest. My buddy got the biggest Pike, that's two years in a row! It was a great time and can't wait to do it again! Thanks to all who put it on, it was very well run, and lots of great prizes.

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
« Reply #23 on: Feb 01, 2014, 08:00 PM »
Well run event, and the chilli was good.................. .Thanks

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 01, 2014, 08:01 PM »
Had a crazy day, fished with my friend Scott we had some trouble with his brand new 4 wheeler. Got out to the Middle west end of North Pine and It quit, so we set up camp for fishing and started thinking of a plan to get it off the ice. The snow was heavy and slush...no easy pull out..   We fished most of the morning and did ok at that spot...Lucky I guess.

He decided to call Cabelas where he got it and can you believe it , they got another 4 wheeler and a trailer and headed our way. A hour and a half drive in a snowstorm..  here they comes across the ice to save us.. THAT IS SERVICE!!  they wrenched on it and got  it to run, thank the lord..There way no way in that thick snow he would have been able to pull it back we could barely move through it with the engine at max, its sled conditions out there.

AGAIN A BIG THANKS TO THE STAFF AT CABELAS,     Here are some pics from the day, thanks to Mike and the rotary for a GREAT EVENT!!!    http://s34.photobucket.com/user/eddy1123/slideshow/Laporte%20Ice%20derby%202-1-14

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 01, 2014, 08:02 PM »
Great day, thanks everyone that helped and attended. We had 57 registered fishermen, lots of fish were caught, had a lot of fun. Here's a few of  my favorite pics ..... Thanks Ice Shanty for helping to promote this event. Great time....

Offline Border Jumper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Must be here someplace??
« Reply #26 on: Feb 01, 2014, 08:33 PM »
Looks like a very good time.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 01, 2014, 08:44 PM »
LaPorte Ice Derby Winners

Bass
   Tyler Overmyer  18 ¼
   Rod Shumaker 17 7/8
   Elliot Essling 17 ¾

Crappie
   Steven Sabinan 10 5/8
   Cole Frageman 10 3/8
   Chris Pumroy   9  3/8

Perch
   Terry Ulrich  9
   Scott Strand 8 5/8
   Kristina Handzlik 8 9/16

Bluegill/Redear
   Chris Pumroy   9 5/8
   Rod Shumaker 9 ½
   Kyle Crabtree  9 3/8

Pike
   Nick Ream 22 ¾
   Hunter Halama 11 ½

Weight of Top Ten Perch
   Scott Strand    2lb 9.4 oz
   Aaron Nelson   2lb 9.4 oz
   Terry Ulrsich 2lb 2.1 oz
   Todd Schultz  1lb 15.6 oz
   Chris Pumroy  1lb 10.6 oz
   Matt Andruszkienicz  1lb 9.4oz
   Tim Nelson  1lb 8.8 oz
   Jason Schreves 1lb 8.5 oz
   Kristina Handzlik 1lb 7.2oz
   Jake Miller 6.6oz
   Ron Sluster 5.3 oz

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #28 on: Feb 01, 2014, 08:59 PM »
Looks like a good turnout in some bad weather.  Congrats to all...Looks like the bass had the feed bag on and lots were taken home.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 01, 2014, 09:11 PM »
  Yes Wax.............Lots of green carp feeding today.....maybe that's why the gill bite was slow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.