Author Topic: beaver lake ice  (Read 3218 times)

Offline markpolito

• IceShanty Rookie
beaver lake ice
« on: Jan 26, 2014, 05:49 PM »
Has anyone checked the ice conditions at beaver lake in the past few days?

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: beaver lake ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2014, 12:24 AM »
Drove around there yesterday afternoon.  Lots of open water around docks, middle is open, but I saw one cove with a couple guys setup and people fishing.

Beaver lake south of plattsmouth right?

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2014, 06:13 PM »
Bay's are good.  West end good most 7-9 " but lots of open on main lake from geese. 

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2014, 06:31 PM »
I've yet to fish Beaver this year but plan on hitting  it before ice out.Anyone catching?
Ice fishing is a subculture, one wouldn't understand until they experienced it...

Offline okcableguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:31 PM »
Just a note to anyone about Beaver Lake, remember, you have to live there or be fishing with who lives there.  It's in the handbook, its well known, and the people out there don't tolerate stupidity of "i didn't know".

Just wanted everyone to know about it.
My Job?

I feed the world...

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Just a note to anyone about Beaver Lake, remember, you have to live there or be fishing with who lives there.  It's in the handbook, its well known, and the people out there don't tolerate stupidity of "i didn't know".

Just wanted everyone to know about it.
This is true must own a lot and if not must be with a lot owner .

Offline ryanp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2014, 10:05 PM »
i have heard a lot of good things about beaver lake is there any land owner that would take me I have all my own gear and plenty to share

Offline Bux n dux

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2014, 12:58 AM »
Unfortunately I probably won't get back out there until after ice out.

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2014, 03:21 PM »
had a great time up there last weekend, and plan on going tomorrow afternoon/night.  hoping the night bite is on. 

We were fishing next to a tree that was on a drop off from 5.5' of water to 8.5'.  Water clarity there is so great we could watch the fish take the lure. 

came home with 5 nice black crappie, and a sunfish.  caught probably 75 small bluegill and crappie, a couple bass, and about a 2lb shad.

taking the camera tomorrow, now that we've found a lake that is clear enough to use it.

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2014, 12:49 PM »
had a great time up there last weekend, and plan on going tomorrow afternoon/night.  hoping the night bite is on. 

We were fishing next to a tree that was on a drop off from 5.5' of water to 8.5'.  Water clarity there is so great we could watch the fish take the lure. 

came home with 5 nice black crappie, and a sunfish.  caught probably 75 small bluegill and crappie, a couple bass, and about a 2lb shad.

taking the camera tomorrow, now that we've found a lake that is clear enough to use it.
jthod, did you make it out to Beaver lastnight?
Ice fishing is a subculture, one wouldn't understand until they experienced it...

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2014, 12:41 AM »
We did end up going out fished from 430-700. Caught a few small fish, lots of bluegill.  Everything was in 5.5-9 FOW.  Ice was still good at 15" in a cove on the south side.

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2014, 10:01 AM »
Nice. Glad to hear.

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2014, 11:33 PM »
Depending on the weather, we may try again next weekend.  Not going to be able to make it up there this weekend.  I'd sure like to find a walleye

Offline Fishin4eyes30+

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Mar 01, 2014, 10:20 AM »
Depending on the weather, we may try again next weekend.  Not going to be able to make it up there this weekend.  I'd sure like to find a walleye
find a hard bottom area in 7 fow or less and set up shop!

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Aug 19, 2014, 10:00 AM »
Anyone fish this open water this year?

I picked up a camera this week, so I'm ready to get back out there and check stuff out.  I'd really like to find the walleye.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.