The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster Cobra 3HP Carb Help  (Read 1492 times)

Offline AaronMN

• IceShanty Rookie
Strikemaster Cobra 3HP Carb Help
« on: Jan 23, 2014, 07:45 AM »
I just purchased an older Strikemaster Cobra 3HP for a pretty good deal.  It was running a little rough - I took the carb off to give it a good cleaning.  If you look at the attached photo, I need a little help with knowing what I'm looking at.  My initial thought put the "2" as the low speed adjustment, and "3" as the high speed.  As I have taken it apart, I'm wondering if "1" is one of those two as "3" doesn't have any (that I can tell) tiny outlets.  When I took the carb off, "3" did not have anything in it.

Do I need to pop off the silver cap on "1" to get at one of the adjustments?

Many thanks.

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Strikemaster Cobra 3HP Carb Help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2014, 09:34 AM »
1 - Welch Plug.  It covers up the area needed to machine the idle and transition ports in the bore of the carburetor.  You should not need to remove it.  Use carb cleaner with the straw and spray into the idle and transition ports from inside the bore of the carb.

2- Low Speed Adjustment

3 - High speed Adjustment

It's possible that the High speed mixture is fixed and non-adjustable.  It's also possible that the mixture screw is missing.  Look inside the hole, threads, the screw is missing, no threads, the High speed mixture is fixed.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Offline AaronMN

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Strikemaster Cobra 3HP Carb Help
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2014, 08:23 PM »
Looks like the high speed is fixed.  Everything is back together and ready to test tomorrow.

You, sir, are the best.  Thank you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.