The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Replacement auger blade screws  (Read 3587 times)

Offline pokey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Replacement auger blade screws
« on: Jan 21, 2014, 04:51 PM »
So I have a lazer hand auger and one of my blade screws decided to go AWOL. I need to get a new one before this weekend. Contacted strikemaster which informed me that I could purchase the screws through them, which I'm sorry I'm not paying 4$+ plus shipping for 4 screws that probably combined don't cost a dollar. So does anyone know what size they are? I have checked lowes and home depot and nothing comes close to them.

Offline ddlpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Replacement auger blade screws
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:03 PM »
Try a place like Ace Hardware.  IMO they have a lot better selection than HD and Lowes

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:53 PM »
You can buy the same size and thread at either of those stores. You will have to cut to the needed length. Best to do after they are installed.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline BobWhite

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:50 PM »
When I bought new blades they came with them I have extra but if I mail you one it won't be there by this weekend. Shoot me a pm if you want one.

Offline pokey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2014, 09:24 PM »
When I bought new blades they came with them I have extra but if I mail you one it won't be there by this weekend. Shoot me a pm if you want one.

Thanks, but I ended up finding one at the local hole in the wall hardware store. But again thank you.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2014, 01:40 PM »
For anyone else having this issue.. Fishusa carries the parts and free shipping on all orders. I see they are listed as out of stock, but I'd still try and give them a call and see if they maybe have them on the shelf in-store or can order them in.

http://www.fishusa.com/Product/StrikeMaster-MoraLazer-Auger-Blade-Screw-Kit
EYECONICFISHING

Offline pokey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2014, 05:44 PM »
Also for future reference. They are 10-32 X 3/8" and a size 10 split washer is a perfect replacement. I bought 8 each in stainless for less than 4 would cost through strikemaster.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.