The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Electric Augers  (Read 856 times)

Offline IceRebel

• Team IceShanty Regular
Electric Augers
« on: Jan 20, 2014, 03:59 PM »
I'm looking to buy an electric auger. What's the best one for your money? Also any problems with them? Thanks for any info

Offline mike1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Electric Augers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2014, 05:06 PM »
what kind of fishing do you do?, How much are you looking to spend? are you on foot most of the time? I've had an ice Gator and an ION, liked the Gator, so far I like the ION, but for different reasons

Offline IceRebel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2014, 05:45 PM »
Depends on what lake I'm fishing but most of the time it's 1 jigging hole and 4 tip up holes. Ice here in Pa is runs around 10 inches depending on the winter we have and as for money i don't mind sending a little more if it's going to last and not give me problems. I was thinking about the ION 8" auger...

Offline mike1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2014, 06:41 PM »
The ION would be good for that, if you are on foot it is very light, I hope to try mine in some more "extreme" conditions this weekend to see how it does

Offline IceRebel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2014, 07:27 PM »
Thanks brother

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2014, 07:07 AM »
What are you fishing for?

If you can get away with using a 6in auger the new Clam drill conversion Kit may be perfect.

Next up I would say the Ion. Its cheaper and lighter than the Icegator. I also believe Icegator is going out of business?
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2014, 11:39 AM »
If I was to buy another Electric it would definitely be an ION.My Friend is a very large Distributor  and told me that they had a lot of IONs before Ice Season and is all sold out of them.There's still Dealers calling for some but they're gone til next Season he said.Told me that  there were very very few problems with them and the few problems were readily addressed by ION. Unlike trying to get ANYTHING AT ALL from Ice Gator! The ION also comes with a 2 Year Warranty.I also bought a Brand New Ice Gator when they first came out about 5 Years ago and never had a single problem with it.It was not used hardly at all and did work well. I was talking to a fella at FISH307 who is a listed Dealer for Ice Gator and he told me they are not handling them anymore.I asked him why and he said. " many reasons! "

Offline IceRebel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2014, 07:12 PM »
What are you fishing for?

If you can get away with using a 6in auger the new Clam drill conversion Kit may be perfect.

Next up I would say the Ion. Its cheaper and lighter than the Icegator. I also believe Icegator is going out of business?
All depends on what lake I'm fishing and what the lake has to offer

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2014, 07:56 PM »
All depends on what lake I'm fishing and what the lake has to offer

Then you should probably look at the Ion. U can slap a 6in auger on it for the smaller fish days, and slap the 8in on for when you go for the big boys.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline IceRebel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:28 PM »
Then you should probably look at the Ion. U can slap a 6in auger on it for the smaller fish days, and slap the 8in on for when you go for the big boys.
Thanks brother

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.