New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: irondequoit bay  (Read 8190 times)

Offline spoonfeeder01

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: irondequoit bay
« Reply #60 on: Feb 15, 2015, 09:05 AM »
Probably just add another 20 jet skis to the bay. I've fished it for 40 or so years. It's almost impossible during the summertime now. I think I went there twice last summer. Almost as bad as Canandaigua.

Rg
you got that rite Bob, Im 2 mins. From mayers and wont even think about fishing the bay anytime after may. 45 mins trying to pull my boat and 30 ramp clowns, just is a pain any more.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #61 on: Feb 15, 2015, 09:35 AM »
Yeah.....and no senior discount either. Plus they gouge for an added 2 bucks on the weekend.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline OBIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 15, 2015, 08:38 PM »
Hey guys I have a question here.

So I ice fish all the time usually Sodus and all east of it.  When I was younger my dad used to bring me to I-bay every once in a while.  I know the ice can be a little hairy and on my way to school crossing the bay I almost always see some one on the north side just to the east of the green buoy.  Not looking for a hand out on fish info just want to know where there is parking that safe ice can be crossed to get to that spot.

Thanks guys

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #63 on: Feb 16, 2015, 02:33 AM »
If the lot is plowed at the boat launch you can park there. That part of he bay always made me uneasy. The channel has a lot of flow. Personally I don't ice fish it any more. But many do.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.