New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: irondequoit bay  (Read 8191 times)

Offline dboat9910

• IceShanty Rookie
irondequoit bay
« on: Jan 20, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Anyone been getting the perch ? I went sat and caught 1 keeper 14 1/2"  south of the bridge seemed like no one was hitting them was thinking about trying the north end up by and channel markers have always done good from the boat there but have never tried on the ice there

Offline hotholes870

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: irondequoit bay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2014, 04:30 PM »
Just to let you know the north end might not be safe yet was open just yesterday just for the heads up

Offline RSLfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2014, 06:53 AM »
Did well off of seneca road cove in 20-30 ft of water a few days ago. Was hoping to test the ice this weekend on the north side by the bouys.

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2014, 07:59 AM »
Ive been trying in the afternoon due to work and family and have not done well iether. Last time i caught big perch was in december at braddocks in 3.5 FOW. Ive tryed shallow and deep but marking more deep here. I havint moved any deeper than 30 maybe try deeper and more north,ive been fishing bayview.

Offline peterpike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "you got one pole and one life, use it"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2014, 05:15 PM »
anyone have machines out today thinking about taking the wheeler tomorrow

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2014, 05:19 PM »
Did well off of seneca road cove in 20-30 ft of water a few days ago. Was hoping to test the ice this weekend on the north side by the bouys.
Be careful up there. Yesterday it was still open from Stony Point out to the South Buoys.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Crappie Crusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Crappie Crushen Fool
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2014, 05:49 PM »
Is there still access off of seneca rd i though that privilege was taken away.  Used to be my favorite spot.
Crush them crappie

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2014, 06:15 PM »
Extremely limited. Maybe 3 vehicles. I-Cops will ticket or tow if you're in the wrong spot or hinder the plow trucks.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Speedrdr5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2014, 04:15 PM »
Better get there early for parking, six or six thirty the latest good luck

Offline Crappie Crusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Crappie Crushen Fool
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2014, 05:11 PM »
Where do you park in the little parking lot towards the top of the hill  ???
Crush them crappie

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2014, 05:18 PM »
No! The Mowhawk Yacht club will have you towed. There's a couple of pull off spots at the bottom before the Newport gate. Please be considerate and leave as much room as possible for the next guy. I know some Old timers who can't walk that far that fish there.They don't have the options some of us do. Cut them some slack if you can.

RG

Offline Crappie Crusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Crappie Crushen Fool
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2014, 06:34 PM »
Haven't fished there in a long time, the road used to be lined with cars all the way up.  usually went out from the small lot up top the hill and then down to the lake there.  Used to do good there to with 10-11 inch perch.   
Crush them crappie

Offline robertjp1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2014, 02:35 PM »
So what are the parking options for all of I Bay? State launch on North End for sure but what else with out getting ticketed? Can you still park near the sportsmans club? Too bad theres not much access there.

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never Leave Fish to Find Fish
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2014, 04:28 PM »
So what are the parking options for all of I Bay? State launch on North End for sure but what else with out getting ticketed? Can you still park near the sportsmans club? Too bad theres not much access there.
Yes there is parking at the F &game club but it fills up quick and there is parking at the old restaurant on the east side but not sure about ticketing. I have been there a couple of times already without incident and its not a far walk to deeper water. Not sure about the old Newport.
Gotta Love Those Stripes !!!!!

Offline wydrew9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:00 AM »

Dont waste your time, try somewhere else.  I went there the past two weekends and have had the least amount of hits that i can ever remember. 

Fished Saturday and we marked a ton of fish, i landed 6 dinks all day.  A group of 8 of us went and total we landed 15-20 fish with two 9inch keepers.  There were a lot of guys out, all with no luck.  I was hearing people say it was the slowest day of fishing ever on the bay.  I went the weekend before and did a little better but not great.

I wont be going back unless the reports change there, I hear too many other reports to waste my time there again.

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2014, 04:46 PM »
discouraging to say the least. I put alot of time into the bay and not getting to much back out but its ok. Im 10min from fishing after work and a good way to relieve some stress. I take time to reflect on past reports to help out from the last couple yrs. I was definitely was doing better last yr and went back to last years colors. Some little changes make a big difference in catching -vs- just fishing. Theres some change in the lake whether it be Gobi's,zebras,shad and weather patterns and the other bays on the lake dont seam to be doing to hot either. I will be looking for some pike water this weekend cause i have a 10 and 13yr old to try to keep busy but will be out Thurs or Friday for more punishment. ;D

Offline Creek Freak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2014, 09:01 PM »
Two days ago was pretty 10 keepers in a few hours. one 13.5 inches 2 over 10. Today a lot of small ones 5 keepers.

Offline Creek Freak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 12, 2014, 09:06 PM »
Did okay a week ago north of bridge 31 fow. Joined the crowd south of bridge 2 days ago and today. All midday though sunset.

Offline Slkgt37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2014, 12:47 PM »
Did okay a week ago north of bridge 31 fow. Joined the crowd south of bridge 2 days ago and today. All midday though sunset.
Is anyone doing good south of the bridge where the crowd always seems to go?  Thanks.

Offline GooseBay Hippie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 26, 2014, 01:05 PM »
The whole bay has been terrible this year. Absolutely awful! Been hitting up the ice at the cattle gate on GlenHaven. Been apart of that crowed at least once a week and not me or anyone I've talked to has had anything worth talking about happening.

Offline fish4fun8

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 26, 2014, 01:41 PM »
its has definitlly a piss poor yr for the perch there I don't why it is one of my favorate places but not this yr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline 1beaver

• IceShanty Rookie
  • trapper
« Reply #21 on: Feb 26, 2014, 02:14 PM »
seems like alot of bait fish this year in the bays.hopefully the fishing will pick up alittle.fishing at sodus last week seemed to be alittle hotter than the week before.all the fish we got were spitting up alot of bait fish.
the bone

Offline Tim_Gridley

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothin better than seein a flag go up
« Reply #22 on: Feb 26, 2014, 07:09 PM »
seems like alot of bait fish this year in the bays.hopefully the fishing will pick up alittle.fishing at sodus last week seemed to be alittle hotter than the week before.all the fish we got were spitting up alot of bait fish.
I live on the bay, those shad have always been there, during the summer the bigger ones for out into the lake but the smaller ones are great food for nice bass and big pike during the summer, my buddy caught a 38 inch pike this year when we came across a big school of them during the summer!

Offline GooseBay Hippie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Mar 15, 2014, 12:32 PM »
The bite is finally turning on fella's. I'd like to tell y'all to stay away but I ain't that greedy. Two weekends in a row been coming home  with some realy nice perch. Ditch the fatheads and spikes,  Niagera's seem to be the ticket. Good luck!

Offline peterpike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "you got one pole and one life, use it"
« Reply #24 on: Mar 15, 2014, 03:50 PM »
The bite is finally turning on fella's. I'd like to tell y'all to stay away but I ain't that greedy. Two weekends in a row been coming home  with some realy nice perch. Ditch the fatheads and spikes,  Niagera's seem to be the ticket. Good luck!

were you on the south end or north end thanks ?

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Mar 15, 2014, 06:51 PM »
Rumor has it that someone broke through today.  Anyone know where that was?

Offline FishnChef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Mar 15, 2014, 07:04 PM »
probably in the gas hole minefield off of fish and game.looks like the north end is opening up too

Offline icerocker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Mar 16, 2014, 08:27 AM »
I HEARD SOMEONE WENT IN OFF THE NORTH END BOAT LAUNCH  FRI.  CANT CONFIRM IT THO ....

Offline ESKIMOAUGER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Mar 16, 2014, 08:30 AM »
hows ice seneca dr.if anyone been there since thurs.thank you in advance...

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Mar 16, 2014, 01:07 PM »
I just drove by a couple hrs ago coming back from Oneida,of coarse i just had to stop at Sodus. 2 guys at german and 1 at fish and game. All glare ice just like sodus and the water is starting to creep up to the bouys. Thats all I got it was a drive by for us. Ill be checking it out tues after work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.