The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Devils Lake in Early March?  (Read 2383 times)

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
Devils Lake in Early March?
« on: Jan 14, 2014, 08:25 PM »
Hey guys,

I was wondering if I could inquire info on what the fishing conditions are TYPICALLY like on Devils lake around the first week in March? Are the walleye and perch still biting? Typically, can you still get trucks on the ice in early march as we do not have sleds.

A couple buddies and I currently live in the UP of Michigan, and we want to take an ice fishing trip during our spring break instead of heading south to party and get drunk.

Thank you all for any and all info!

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Devils Lake in Early March?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:30 PM »
You will find that the fishing improves as the month of March wears on.  As far as trucks and the ice its a crap shoot there, although the resorts due plow trails when it gets tough to drive around.  I plan a trip there every year in March around the dark moon.  I grew up near there so I can vouch for the fishing getting better as it starts to warm up.

Thor
Life is short, fish hard!

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2014, 09:25 PM »
Where at in the U.P. my dad is from Newberry and my mom is from Naubinway. Im from Cheboygan myself but live in Minot ND. I fished Dl a few weeks ago and got my ass kicked. Not the easiest lake to fish but I think the weather on the day we went didnt help. When are you guys coming out? I could give you some coordinates that might work or if im off I might be able to meet you out there. Either way let me know. 
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline Bryan in iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2014, 06:45 AM »
Three of us are heading up March 6th-9th from Cedar Rapids Ia.  Not sure where we are staying yet Woodland was full . Play it by ear .

Offline Dakota Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fisherman walk on water
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2014, 02:51 PM »
Were going up the 3rd week in March and Woodland had openings then. All the perm shacks must be pulled from the lake by March 15th so you won't be able to use their shacks that's why they were booked solid up to the 15th. We booked perch patrol for a day as well.

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2014, 06:46 PM »
Try lake view lodge, stayed there this summer and it was a great set up, with plenty of beds and room.
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline ratfink1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep some, eat some, and let some go!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2014, 07:39 PM »
any new reports

Offline swampdonkeyice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2014, 10:35 AM »
My buddy just returned from there, had perch patrol take him out, limits of real nice perch both days, even with the arctic front.  12 to 15 fow, not sure what area they fished.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.