Author Topic: Monster Pike!!!  (Read 4721 times)

Offline whitewhisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hear that? shh.... its a white whisper!
Re: Monster Pike!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2014, 06:28 AM »
Any of you fish burbot at the narrows in the fall there?
Hear that? shh.... its a white whisper!

Offline TravIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 09, 2014, 12:48 PM »
Anyone who is worried about hook mortality should just not fish...period.  Learning proper handling techniques is by far the most important thing an angler can do while doing what we love.  At the same time, Cap't taking one big fish out of that lake is not the end of the world, if he started posting pics of him doing it every weekend I would have something to say about that.  Personally I would've put that beast on the wall instead of the fry pan, but each to his own.  I prefer to keep the ones in the 5-8lb range if I'm going to eat them, everything else will go back except when I do finally land a 20+ one, that pig will be on my wall.  If I get another one after that, it would have to be 30+ to come home with me...

$0.02

Offline Capt_of_the_FilthyOar

• IceShanty Rookie
  • With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine
« Reply #32 on: Jan 09, 2014, 05:19 PM »
Yawn. Always one negative Nancy in the bunch. Thanks David suzuki. How about instead of trying to hijack my thread, you start your own?  I caught my biggest Jack ever, I skinned it and put it in the smoker to share and enjoy with my friends.  If you don't like it, go start a protest elsewhere. 

Just my two bitsand you can keep the $0.48 change
Fish Fear Me

Offline icepack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 09, 2014, 09:00 PM »
Will someone please think of the minnows!!!

Poor little fellers.  ;D

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 10, 2014, 04:31 PM »
Personally Capt. when we go out next I'd love some of that smoked mercury, it sounds delicious. As for wall mounting, been there, done that, a few times...never again! Unless it is a graphite reproduction, then you can release it for others or spawning or whatever. All you need is Girth and length and few pics from different angles. Cost is the same but they won't rot from oil in the head or have broken fins from moving them. I get the spawning, I get the genetics, but I also get the how many do you catch in a lifetime like that. I fish with this guy and believe me he is very ethical and our fish stocks are safe!
Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Offline gillagain

• IceShanty Rookie
  • always an adventure
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2014, 07:53 AM »
EXCELLENT!!!  congratulations :bow:  still on a hunt of my own.
until I figure out how to fish for a living, I live to fish!!

Offline Badback

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:43 AM »
Congratulations Capt

Offline pascoag icefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 13, 2014, 10:04 AM »
Congrats! Great catch

Offline HuntHard

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If I'm Not Fishin I'm Wishin Vexilar Rocks
« Reply #38 on: Jan 13, 2014, 10:05 AM »
If at first you don't succeed at ice fishing

Then drink another Cold Beer                     

sirsmokesalot

« Reply #39 on: Nov 23, 2014, 12:07 PM »
Wow nice pike dude

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Nov 23, 2014, 12:28 PM »
Nice pike. We don't get too many that size down here in lower MI. From the picture of you measuring the pikes girth, it looks like you shorted it by an inch or 2.

Offline rolling hillbilly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Nov 26, 2014, 01:22 PM »
Nice pike. We don't get too many that size down here in lower MI. From the picture of you measuring the pikes girth, it looks like you shorted it by an inch or 2.
I agree, measure the thickest part for girth. nice fish. hope that lake produces some biggies this winter!

Offline Devan.Brazier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Dec 01, 2014, 10:11 PM »
nice fish! hoping to get my girlfriend hooked into a nice fish this winter. And not to take over the post or anything but I have grown up around ethical fisherman and some not so much and been around quite a few biologists and other knowledgeable fish-heads. An its all a cycle of life ... you take one big fish out, and another fish will take that ones place. if you have the feed and the space and the right environment/structure there for the fish you will have a happy healthy population. and if you don't have the predators (including humans) taking out fish of all sizes (not just one targeted size) you will end up with poor fish selection and end up with one of these possibilities: just a few big fish(over consumption) or a bunch of small skinny fish (over population and not enough food) or lots of small footballs (over population and large amounts of food). so lets all just have a blast out there doing what we all want to do and that's catch fish ! and a bad day of fishing is better than any good day at work. Try for the Walter of the water to show off for years to come and enjoy every other fish along the way and respect the environments those fish have to grow in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.