The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Devils Lake Advice  (Read 2089 times)

Offline finkyfever

• IceShanty Rookie
Devils Lake Advice
« on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:48 PM »
I'm heading to DL with a group to fish next Thursday-Saturday. It's our first trip up there and we are not utilizing a guide. We're driving about 1000 miles from KS. I was wondering if we will be at an advantage if we bring up our Polaris Ranger or if we are just wasting gas. What's the snow and ice situation? Will we be just fine in our 4WD pickup?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
Re: Devils Lake Advice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Call Woodland Resort and talk to them.  They have guides working out of the tackle shop and will give out good info pretty easy.  They rent fish houses on productive spots for a fair price so that would give you a good starting point.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline Devilwood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2014, 08:23 AM »
The ice is good but there is getting to be quite alot of snow.  On Devils Lake it usually pays to move around to find fish and I'd think it'd be a good idea to have a Ranger with (unless you are using guides). 

Offline finkyfever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2014, 09:04 PM »
Thanks for the info fellas. We had a great first trip to DL. Some of the guys drove over 16 hours, but I'm sure we will do it again. Best part was talking to some of the local guys. We really lucked out on the weather last weekend.

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2014, 07:49 PM »
Thanks for the info fellas. We had a great first trip to DL. Some of the guys drove over 16 hours, but I'm sure we will do it again. Best part was talking to some of the local guys. We really lucked out on the weather last weekend.
(Image removed from quote.)

im heading up in a few weeks, I really hope that I can get into a few fish just like that!  For those who are regulars on that lake, can the perch and walleyes still be found together or in roughly the same areas in mid february?

Offline Dylan-ICEFISHING

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2014, 11:05 PM »
Look at that eye!!
Nothing beats ice fishing.. And a good ole dodge cummins!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.