Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Brushy Creek get together  (Read 11843 times)

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
Re: Brushy Creek get together
« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2014, 10:16 PM »
BigRock, I was kinda thinking some of us guys could get together somewhere that morning and make the drive up together. Maybe that way if someone needs some extra room for people of equipment we might be able to make it work.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline fishinfanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here Fishy,Fishy,Fishy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 12, 2014, 11:30 PM »
As I have never been to Brushy, could you give me some idea where everyone is fishing ? I won't be able to get there until the middle of the afternoon.

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 13, 2014, 11:17 AM »
BigRock, I was kinda thinking some of us guys could get together somewhere that morning and make the drive up together. Maybe that way if someone needs some extra room for people of equipment we might be able to make it work.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll see if my BIL wants to go and maybe one other guy. Not sure where everyone lives and how they drive up to Brushy but we usually take 141 to 17 to Highway 20 which might influence where we meet.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #33 on: Jan 13, 2014, 12:50 PM »
I am on the south east side and generally run the 5/65 up to 80 then 35 north to 20. The 141 route is just as easy though. Sending you a pm with my cell # call or text as I am off work for the next couple days with a sick kid.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"

Offline fishunlimited(fu)

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2014, 11:02 PM »
Follow the white S10! No... I shouldn't be saying that!!! ;)

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #35 on: Jan 14, 2014, 01:16 PM »
LOL Mine is a green 1/2ton with a white topper, shes a little rough lol

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #36 on: Jan 15, 2014, 01:05 PM »
Sounds like this is getting to be a good turnout. I met a guy today on the ice that lives in ogden. He says there are some being caught up there so I got my fingers crossed.

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 19, 2014, 05:00 PM »
I think my bro-in-law is in so count 2 of us.

Offline spazly120

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Damn it, I should be on the hardwater
« Reply #38 on: Jan 29, 2014, 11:22 PM »
so sounds like feb 15th? or did i miss something? it would be cool to meet others that are as crazy about ice fishing as me, and im sure my buddy would be in.

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 30, 2014, 03:44 PM »
so sounds like feb 15th? or did i miss something? it would be cool to meet others that are as crazy about ice fishing as me, and im sure my buddy would be in.

Moved to March 1st that way we avoid a Valentine's Day massacre  ;D

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 30, 2014, 11:04 PM »
I think I have 5or 6 guy that will come to. I have a extra double hub house if it is needed. I will try to hit it hard the week before and find some fish. Where did you all meet before

Offline Baldguy0722

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 31, 2014, 10:14 PM »
I may be able to make that work. Nothing biting around the igl anyway

Offline Joboo2334

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 01, 2014, 09:54 PM »
My girlfriend said she'd come with. It'll be her first trip ever, severe cold hater. I just fried some gill fillets though. I think that helped. Nothing like fresh fish through the ice.
I'm gonna miss her,when I get home.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #43 on: Feb 16, 2014, 11:21 PM »
Ok everyone the way the plan sits as of know myself and a couple others are gonna be meeting up here in des moines early friday morning. Then making the drive up. If a bunch of you guys wanna meet up at the north ramp at a certain time just speak up and say so. I for one would kinda like to be fishing sometime close to daylight but if enough say otherwise I need to hear it. Over the next week or so please pm me and let me know your coming and an approximate number in your group. I would like to keep track of who is there. I am also going to make up a tag with my screen name for my hut and would be more than happy to make you guys one as well.

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #44 on: Feb 18, 2014, 04:28 PM »
I wont be able to make it because im taking a long trip to south Dakota in march and staying several days and with work being so crazy I have to work the first week in march but I haven't totally given up on the brushy get together yet im crossing my fingers I can still make the trip it would be nice to meet you guys up there again
Never to many short poles

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #45 on: Feb 19, 2014, 07:45 PM »
Less than two weeks.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 21, 2014, 07:09 AM »
I've got it wrote down for the 1st of March and plan on being their.  May bring one other guy.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #47 on: Feb 21, 2014, 08:06 AM »
so right now doing a rough count im at 22-25 guys in for this. Would like to make it to 35 if we could. sounds like the fishing has picked up a little bit and I really think its just going to be better.

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 21, 2014, 03:24 PM »
It is a 2 hour drive for me from Shell Rock but I'm up for it.  I'll be in MO this weekend chasing Pheasants and Chukar.

I've got room in my pickup for any one local to the Shell Rock area (non-smoker) who would like to share my fuel expense.   I have an extended cab F150 with a closed topper for gear.  I should be able to put another single man flip over in back along with mine.

I'll check back in Monday for any messages and any further details as to exact time and place and such.
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #49 on: Feb 22, 2014, 11:47 PM »
Dave I believe the plan now is there will be some of us meeting in des Moines and then most of the group meeting at the north ramp around daylight. I know some won't make it till later but that's not a big deal as I will be flying the militia flag on my truck so everyone can find me. I will also update our main location here on the forum along with posting my cell # the day of. If you guys need to get ahold of me for any reason feel free to pm me.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #50 on: Feb 24, 2014, 04:46 PM »
As of right now I have room for one guy to ride with and help share in the fuel bill. Other wise we may consolidate some gear and run three guys in one truck. If anyone wants to go get in touch with me

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #51 on: Feb 25, 2014, 09:23 PM »
OK guys its getting down to crunch time. I hate to sound needy but I was wondering how may of you guys are bringing quads and how may are planning to drive out. I myself am planning on driving out if possible but I would like to have a plan in place if that is not possible. I would hate to have the whole group contained in one are cause noone wants to walk a long ways. I would even be willing to help someone with the gas to operate their quad if needed.

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Feb 26, 2014, 09:43 AM »
I don't own a quad so I'll be driving out.  I'm hoping a four wheel drive pickup can make it around on the ice.
take care,

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #53 on: Feb 26, 2014, 09:57 AM »
you should be fine dave im on the phone with mike @ duncombe right now and things are looking good.

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Feb 26, 2014, 05:40 PM »
why does it seem that ALL get-togethers are ALWAYS the same weekend as the state AAU wrestling tournament.... I have maps that are waaay better than anything out there, been fishing 5 days a week all year, am pretty sure I've got brushy patterned for late season walleyes (north ramp is 12 minutes from my front door).... AND I CAN'T GO!!!!!    :'(

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #55 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:07 PM »
Bassrat, any way you would be willing to share in some of those maps? I will give them back I promise. Now where is the nearest copy machine lmao.

Offline jkujawa81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Feb 26, 2014, 09:37 PM »
Word is brushy is drivable just watch out from big drifts

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #57 on: Feb 26, 2014, 10:22 PM »
Yea I'm bringing a shovel and the tow strap just in case lol. Hopefully is will be froze hard enough the trucks just stay on top.

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Feb 27, 2014, 08:59 AM »
Bassrat, any way you would be willing to share in some of those maps? I will give them back I promise. Now where is the nearest copy machine lmao.

Make several copies, add some price stickers and you will be all set for the get-together. :woot:
take care,

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Feb 27, 2014, 09:36 AM »
I would....but I WON'T BE THERE......uggggggh!  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.