New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Solid Day on Schroon 2014  (Read 6991 times)

Offline glenn1776

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Solid Day on Schroon 2014
« Reply #90 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:34 PM »
No one fishes there, Top secret
Flag Up

Offline Chris.g

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:53 PM »
Great job!

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Jan 23, 2014, 04:39 AM »
Saw one group out there Wed. north of the island, but that's been pretty much it this week. I've had some sort of respiratory crud so I have not been out for over a week. Got to be over 15" ice with all this cold.
Tony

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Mar 02, 2014, 01:47 PM »
This is what happens when you drive a vehicle onto Schroon from the Pottersville boat launch.  Open water literally a stones throw from the launch.  Unbelievable.

I'm told that is a Dodge Durango
Tony

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Mar 02, 2014, 01:53 PM »
Schroon Lake Derby, as of noon Sunday
New Leaderboard!
12 PM Sunday

Northern Pike

1. Colt Russell 16.40#
2. Josh Heath 12.07#
3. Will George 11.32#

Lake Trout
1. Wayne Welch 7.09
2. Brian Baker 6.97
3. Rick Bailey 5.80

Salmon

Michael Gibson 5.14
Steve Aiken 3.76
Josh Priest. 3.64

Perch

Steve George 1.46

Pickerel

Marc Bordeau 4.75
At 2pm a 7.26lb Laker was added
Tony

Offline kabswrangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Mar 02, 2014, 03:03 PM »
Traveled 4 hrs and not a fish! Lots of bites and marks on the vexilar, but nothing. :( Oh yeah....thanks a lot to the jerk offs that ran over my tip-ups last night. They were just outside my shanty that you almost slammed into. Seems if you were driving at a decent speed you would've seen my reflectors. It got very dangerous at night because of inconsiderate a-holes like yourselves. Your lucky if you don't slam into someone's child. I know, I am just a an "out of towner"....well I would think you could at least slow down while the tournament is going on. Even on my way off the ice, with my lantern in my hand, some jerk decides to pass two feet in front of me at 50 mph!!! What's the deal??? On a good note...I arrived with my hand auger and started drilling my little 6" holes ;D and a kind dude came over with his propane auger and drilled us a bunch of holes!!! Thanks a lot man! Nice to know that there are still good people out there. Rant over.

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #96 on: Mar 02, 2014, 03:06 PM »
Hard to believe that the Suv fell through, hard to swallow that! Glad to hear Kabswrangler is ok. :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline snowlt14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Mar 02, 2014, 03:38 PM »
My father and I fished the tourney both days and had ok results. Saturday morning we headed out of adirondack on foot and headed north. We set up in water 10-50 ft of water fishing large shiners in close then sucker,hunts out over deeper water. We only managed two flags from 6-1, very slow. I had a ton of followers on the flasher over deeper water but not a single one out commit. My father walked back and drove the truck out making pickup much easier.

For the afternoon we moved to a secluded bay that we have had good luck with panfish in the past. We set up tip tips with the same bait and in a flash the day turned around. We had over 42 flags for the afternoon. I caught my schroon lake personal best perch 14inches and almost 1.35 lbs  as well as a giant pickerel that weighed in at 3.5 lbs. we ended the day with 19 pickerel, 2 bass, 1 large golden shiner,1 crappie and 6 jumbo perch all over 12 inches. We were in search for pike using large bait 8 inches plus but came up empty. On our way back to camp on the very south end we seen the recovery mission being conducted to get the SUV out. My family has had a camp on the south end for over 10 years now and it's always open and moving. If your not familiar with that part of the lake just walking out can be dangerous.

Sunday we hit the same bay and had another solid morning. We landed 14 pickerel and 6 perch. All perch again were over 12 inches. Sunday we did have a ton of break offs on 6lb flourocarbon fished with fatheads. I'm figuring just aggressive pickerel. This lake always give me trouble fishing for winter pike, anybody have any pointers? We have caught a few by mistake but that's about it. I target them a couple times a year on Schroon and I'm always disappointed.

Hopefully back up later in march in search of those late season salmon.

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #98 on: Mar 12, 2014, 09:01 PM »
making one last trip up to schroon before ice out. maybe tuesday or wednesday. will report back with conditions and some tips on the bite!

Offline glenn1776

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Jan 18, 2015, 09:05 AM »
Hows  the smelt fishing been on Schroon?
Flag Up

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #100 on: Jan 18, 2015, 09:42 AM »
Hows  the smelt fishing been on Schroon?

this is last years thread, might want to ask on this years... ;)    ;D
   http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=300352.120
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.