Author Topic: Re: Indiana News and Info  (Read 826 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Indiana News and Info
« on: Dec 06, 2005, 09:44 PM »
Ice safe on my ponds here in Noble County. 3 inches of solid ice as I write this. Morning air temp here south of Ligonier was 1 degree F. However drove past Lake Wawasee and saw open water farther out away from the public access on Hatchery Road.

Caught three yellow perch and five bass on one of the ponds in about an hour. All florescent panfish jig and beemoth. Also one bass on crappie size minnow.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Indiana News and Info
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2005, 07:31 PM »
I'm now up to four inches of solid ice today on my .62 acre pond. So ice making rate is one inch per 24 hours.

Only got out for about 30 minutes today. Too many things to work on in the shop. But the pond kept beckoning me from the window!  ;D

Got two 8 inch gills and a crappie, and think I lost a big perch all on a florescent panfish jib and beemoth. Just saw a golden yellow flash in the hole and she felt big before she got off. Biggest out of the pond last year was 16 1/4 inches and 2.81 lbs. See: http://www.pbase.com/jjbaird/fish

Click to enlarge pics.

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.