Author Topic: Plastics dried out  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Plastics dried out
« on: Dec 26, 2013, 11:29 PM »
My Impulse plastics dried out, shrank and hardened. Is there any way to recharge them? I tried water overnight, but nothing happened. I threw them out, since I planned on buying more. The next batch I'll keep in Gulp liquid to save them.

Changed my middle name to "You should have been here yesterday".         Remember it's called fishing, not catching.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Plastics dried out
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2013, 09:36 AM »
The plastics with the scent release claims need to be kept slightly moist. Part of what makes them work is releasing scent and they'll do it in the water or out. Little Atom, KJB, Whips..............are more scent coated with, maybe, a touch in the plastic itself, shelf life nearly forever. Keep them moist and tightly sealed and the Impulse types can last a long time

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:28 PM »
I have also had that trouble with, the gulp, gulp alive and trigger x soft plastics. They get rock hard after a while out in the air and can freeze solid and break off when in the cold. :P

The gulp alive worked again for me when I place them back in the liquid but never got the trigger x to come back as it had no liquid to use. :-\

I have found that the Mr. Twister Exude series to be a OK product in the cold as it don't seem to have the issues as the others when it comes to drying out or freezing solid. ;)

WW

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2013, 07:40 PM »
So the plastics that dried out were in my small ice tackle box, but the ones in my ice rod bag did not dry out. The ones in the bag were set up as droppers for whitefish. When I came across them last night I was stumped, if anything the ones in the tackle box were more enclosed. Oh well, I got 3 back in my line up. I did buy more Impulse and Trigger X and put them in the little Gulp jars, with the maggots.

Changed my middle name to "You should have been here yesterday".         Remember it's called fishing, not catching.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2013, 03:18 PM »
Sent an e-mail to the Gulp folks a couple of years ago. They said just to add bottled water to any dried out jars. The scent is still there and rehydrates the dried out gulp.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2013, 03:33 PM »
I tried putting the Impulse plastics on water, it did not help at all, not sure about Gulps. P

Offline finchasr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:05 AM »
Sent an e-mail to the Gulp folks a couple of years ago. They said just to add bottled water to any dried out jars. The scent is still there and rehydrates the dried out gulp.

Dang! just tossed a couple jars that were dried out!  :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.