Author Topic: Wabamun  (Read 5307 times)

Offline jason22

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wabamun
« Reply #30 on: Mar 17, 2014, 05:54 PM »
Been almost a month since anyone posted.  Hoping to hit it soon for last trip of the year.  How is the fishing lately?

Offline cube3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Mar 17, 2014, 11:37 PM »
Been almost a month since anyone posted.  Hoping to hit it soon for last trip of the year.  How is the fishing lately?

I iced 12 on Sunday and lost probably about the same.

Nothing of size to note though.

Good luck to you

Offline albertatrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Mar 18, 2014, 08:41 AM »
The pike are sure looking skinny out of there this year! Friends used to send me pictures of fat healthy fish but all I've seen out of there this year are snakes. Hopefully they fatten up for you guys so they actually have some weight to them again.

Offline cube3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Mar 18, 2014, 09:27 AM »
The pike are sure looking skinny out of there this year! Friends used to send me pictures of fat healthy fish but all I've seen out of there this year are snakes. Hopefully they fatten up for you guys so they actually have some weight to them again.

With the Walleye stocking program going full tilt on Wab now fattening up of the pike is unlikely.

Offline swampy45

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • going for the record books
« Reply #34 on: Mar 19, 2014, 12:29 PM »
I'll try to get some pics up today. Been staying away from the crowds and slamming some absolute monsters. When I'm losing fish I can't physically fit up a ten inch hole, I know I'm into some pigs.
coffee- do stupid things faster, with more energy.

Offline jason22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 19, 2014, 09:41 PM »
Swampy I wanna see those.
Was out today, good action, got a 16, 12, a few 10 lb and some smaller guys.  Lots some big ones to. 
Careful of the ice around shore, getting pretty soft when we walked back after the sun had been up all day. 
Got some pics on my phone but not sure how to post. 

Offline ryanlookingforperch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 19, 2014, 10:52 PM »
That's it. I'm hitting Wab and bringing up my 30lb'er. Tried several times to post my 27lb'er. I gave up.

Good fishin'!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline swampy45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Mar 20, 2014, 05:31 PM »
Who wants to meet up on Saturday? Let me know if you're interested and let's put on a shark clinic.

Offline swampy45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Mar 20, 2014, 06:48 PM »
heres one from the weekend.

Offline Mark23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Mar 24, 2014, 10:57 AM »
How thick is the ice at Wabamun, can you still drive on from main dock with 1/2 ton??? What's the thickness? How 's the pike fishing right now? What depths are you catching them at? Do you think the ice will stay hard enough to drive on this weekend? Might have to skip off work thurs or Friday to get an extra day in lol,  thanks guys

Offline swampy45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Mar 30, 2014, 04:12 PM »
Fishing was good again today. Caught a ton of whites (nice surprise!) and about 40 pike. Nothing over 15 pounds but all in all a good day!

Offline ryanlookingforperch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Mar 30, 2014, 04:25 PM »
Right on. I should have had a day out there.

I had to work the auger today.

After a really disappointing first three hours I started to "truck fish".  Drill a hole, fish out the window..... No bite. Move, Repeat.

I hit 7 spots before I was rewarded with some decent perch. After my last two favourite home made wire worms were taken by what I would think was about 7-8lb pike that hung around my PERCHIN' set ups for 30 mins. Bugger! lol.

Went to another lake on the way back home.  Not a bite.
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.