Author Topic: Cat's out of the bag....Again  (Read 1879 times)

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spam America's New fad diet
Cat's out of the bag....Again
« on: Dec 04, 2005, 01:28 PM »
Indiana outdoors has listed the best places to ice fish in Indiana...in the december issue.  A few years ago it seemed like no one cared about ice fishing and now it's becoming the thing to do. I don't mind the respectul guys that are out there...but it seems like anytime something like this is in print it brings out the people who don't care about the sport and leave trash and stuff and then the guys that are serious are left holding the bag because of the few who don't care. I've lost fishing priveleges on too many farm ponds etc.. because of what other people have done. I know that all of you want to keep the access that we have..if you see someone being an idiot this year let'em know I've seen some of you and your not the small wimpy type... I am sure that they would listen if we spoke up to them..OK I'll shut up now but you all know what is being said..I just want to help curb that bad apples that ruin it for us
jlc
I use the 80/20 rule you need 80% of the tackle to catch 20% of the fish

Offline sammy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cat's out of the bag....Again
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2005, 02:04 PM »
 I sure do agree with you !!  Less than three years ago i had about 20 differnt farm ponds i could go fishing at. Now i'm down to just one. All because of people leaving their trash behind ! The only reason i'm allowed to fish this one is because the farmer came out one day and saw me picking up trash others had left behind.
 Litter is one of the worse problems that face anglers today, and if i were a farmer i would'nt want to see all the litter, empty beer cans and bait containers that are left behind by anglers. The farmers don't mind anglers fishing on their property, but after seeing all the trash, they put up the no trespassing signs, can you blame them ?
 It only takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone else. Please everyone, pick up your trash !!!

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2005, 04:12 PM »
We all should carry an extra bag and be sure to take more than we brought, it is just good for the sport. It dont matter if we are on public water or private be a good angler. Tight lines to everyone this year.

Offline YR bender

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2005, 07:30 AM »
Amen to all of the above.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2005, 07:38 AM »
If I myself am on the ice and catch you throwing trash or leaving propane bottles on the ice,there will be a digital picture of the trash and you're liscense plate number to send to the DNR,me and Asphalt Kid have already been thru this at Summit with some rif-raft ice fishermen fom Greenfield,they went as far as to leaving trash and the carcusss of a 12" bass(which was to small to keep anyway) laying on the ice,I WENT OFF,and the Kid had the camera in the parking lot getting they're plate number,so if you're a litter bug,I'll give you a hint,dont get caught on summit littering or you'll get turned in,its really not that hard to pick up after yourself,have a good day and be safe,

Jimmy Lang

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2005, 11:44 AM »

+We should all be as vocal as the swed when we see people trashing the ice, or the parking area. These bums cost us all good access spots.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline ChapstickCharlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2005, 02:11 PM »
Are we doing all that we can about this? What I mean is, is there something more we could accomplish as a group?
An honest mans' pillow is his peace of mind.

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spam America's New fad diet
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2005, 03:39 PM »
I agree chapstick I think the pimple has a great idea about someone getting a nice ticket in the mail or a visit from DNR...that would be great! Maybe if there are enough of us out there we can have a polar bear swim set up for them!!! Kind like that that movie four brothers where the guy took a swim

jlc
I use the 80/20 rule you need 80% of the tackle to catch 20% of the fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.