Author Topic: willow slough?  (Read 2004 times)

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
willow slough?
« on: Dec 01, 2005, 06:19 PM »
Can anyone fill me in on the status of willow slough? I have never fished it. I read that it was drained and was to be refilled. Also heard that after couple of years it should be great bluegill fishery again. Any info , thanks Paul

Offline daffydone

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just gotta find some ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: willow slough?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2005, 06:32 PM »
Yes it was drained, it is not up to it's full capacity yet, it is still 18 inches low, and the fishing will not be good for a couple years, I talked to a guy last sunday and he was catching small bass around 10 inches or so and a couple of 14 inchers, boat fishing is closed until dec 17th, hopefully we will have good ice by then.
the weeds are very thick throughout the whole lake, it is open around the office. when it is completly full, it should be fairly deep.
if your not walking on water, then you're not icefishing!

Offline Rotney72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2005, 07:59 PM »
I hear theyre not gonna allow ice fishing this season...info came from a good source..could be wrong...im still gonna check it out..never know ???

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2005, 08:32 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. I've heard {I think from a post last year} that it should be a great place to fish about the third year after it re-fills? Just trying to keep my eye on it. Paul

Offline RandyD

• IceShanty Rookie
Can't catch'em unless your out trying

Offline Rotney72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2005, 04:01 PM »
10-4 it will be open this season...i was WRONG...awesome!!!!  :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2005, 04:52 PM »
And 2 weeks of freezing temps.  I'll be there xmas week for at least one day.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2005, 07:39 PM »
How big do you think the gills will be?
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline Rotney72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2005, 12:14 AM »
I think the gills would be on the small side this year ..but in a few years it will be great..there will be lots of hogs again..i am really glad to see they are setting a panfish bag limit...i know its a big body of water..but try putting a boat in on sat. or sun. in june ..you can  see how hard it really gets fished...weve had to wait in line behind 15 groups to get a boat in . ive seen it ,at times.. with at least 50 boats out there.. 25 hogger gills is plenty..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.