The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Leaser lake  (Read 1955 times)

Offline stormtrooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Leaser lake
« on: Dec 13, 2013, 09:18 PM »
Just curious what the deal was here. I saw it was going to be stocked with trout in 2014 so is the lake fixed and open. Are they any darn panfish in it ? Lol. Fishing was great here before they drained it. Nice place to fish too.

Offline Icemole

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Leaser lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2013, 03:25 PM »
 It was stocked and open for trout this past spring, everthing else was closed. Then it started leaking again except they were calling it a "spring" LOL  (there was an article in the Allentown paper). Haven't seen or heard anything since.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Offline Fishbreath

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2013, 04:03 PM »
only another $500,000. to fix it >:(
My wife is a widow during ice season.
ice shanty #53
VBA #299
retirement is't all its cracked up to be.................... ............its better

Offline stormtrooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2013, 04:38 PM »
So it's drained again or open? Thanks for the little info you provided for what it's worth. I appreciate it

Offline HOLE_POKER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2013, 07:50 PM »
$500,000?? I think you better add at least one more 0 to that number

Offline Chip D.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2014, 07:45 AM »
So what's the deal on Leaser? 

Open/Closed, Full/Drained, Panfish?

Offline pa ice man

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • You need to leave fish to find fish
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2014, 11:49 AM »
look in the new book 2014 fishing reg catch and release

Offline ice-phanatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2014, 12:16 AM »
So what's the deal on Leaser? 

Open/Closed, Full/Drained, Panfish?

I looked through pages on the PFBC Site. Here is the latest. According to them, it has been stocked in 2013 with fingerlings of the following species:

Brown Bullhead
Chain Pickerel
Channel Catfish
Golden Shiner
Largemouth Bass
White Crappie
Yellow Perch

This list excludes adult trout stocked prior to opening day. All species are catch and release, except for stocked trout. This appears in the 2014 reg. changes. Catch and release for non trout species will be lifted June 18th 2016.

Also on the Leaser Lake feature page it says the pool size will be maintained at 40 acres with a max depth of 24ft. This differs from the pre-drain pool area of 117 acres and 45ft max depth.

Offline nite eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That Sunsab Itch!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2014, 06:48 PM »
Well if they're going to keep it at 40 acres they should've left it alone in the first place, that was a pretty good panfish lake before they emptied it.  The real shame is, I can go to a 100 places in the surrounding Lehigh County area and fish for trout and they go stock them in here again. Guess some folks like the trout... not me... my 2cents worth
TEAM ICEHOLES

Offline 4ormore

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2014, 05:43 PM »
This is from the heritage foundation web site;

UPDATE ON THE SEEPAGE PROBLEM AT LEASER LAKE

As you may have heard, the PFBC is concerned about seepage which they have found around the outlet pipe at the Leaser
Lake Dam.  At this point, they have stopped the re-filling of the lake until they have stabilized the area around this seepage. 
While it is normal for an earthen dam to leak, the trick is to control the seepage to avoid erosion of the dam.  It appears that
the seepage at  the pipe is not water from the lake, but a spring outcrop which has been triggered by the head pressure
created by re-filling the lake.

We have discussed the problem with Michele Jacoby P.E., Chief of Engineering for the PFBC.  She was very helpful and
assured us that they have known about the seepage for a while and they are working on the problem.  They have met with
the Project Engineers and DEP Dam Safety to determine the best way to correct the problem.  It appears that the corrective
measures WILL NOT require emptying the lake,  nor will they be terribly complicated or expensive.  Fish stocking is
continuing as scheduled, including more trout for the 2014 fishing season.

At this time, it appears that corrective measures will done after the opening of the 2014 Trout Season so as to not disrupt trout
fishing at the lake.  Once the problem has been corrected, the lake will be allowed to fill to it's full capacity.  The current water level
(about 6' below capacity) will be maintained until then.

We fully support the repair efforts which are currently being developed by PFBC. 

PUBLIC MEETINGS:
4th Thursday of every other month
7pm at the Lynn Twp. Municipal Building

I live three minutes from PC, but would prefer Leaser over PC even with the 30-40min drive!

Offline creel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2014, 07:30 AM »
Is there open water on Leaser Lake, thanks in advance.
thats a good fish, they are all good, some are gooder than others

Offline creel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 30, 2014, 07:08 PM »
 Bump
thats a good fish, they are all good, some are gooder than others

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.