The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Rapala Nitro 43 8" recoil spring  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Tee Tee

• IceShanty Rookie
Rapala Nitro 43 8" recoil spring
« on: Dec 12, 2013, 10:43 PM »
So I went out the other day at -28C with wind chill was 35 - 40. My auger started but the cord did not retract all the way. I restarted it when I moved to another location and the cord didn't retract at all. I seen online that the grease in the recoil spring is excessive and stiffens in real cold weather. I seen that spraying WD40 will dilute the grease. I brought in the auger into the heated shop to warm up. Still no luck on retracting the cord. I took it off but when I removed the center screw to rewind the cord out popped the spring.

Long story to ask this....What is the trick to rewinding the spring and attaching it to the clutch. I tried several different ways and it shouldn't be so difficult so what is the trick?

Thanks in advance.

Offline MikeyT

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Rapala Nitro 43 8" recoil spring
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2017, 10:43 PM »
Hi. Dis you figure it out?  I cant find any help anywhere and its driving me crazy. I noticed no one replies to you either. I cant figure out how to put it back together. Does the rope go through first. Where does the spring attach to the plastic. Ahhh. Please help

Offline Tee Tee

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Rapala Nitro 43 8" recoil spring
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2017, 12:40 AM »
I just bought a new pull cord attachment. Bolted on in a flash. Cost was cheap and back to fishing I went. Rapala is a knock off from Eskimo I think so I have red on my blue auger. Fish don't seem to mind.

Cheers

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.