Author Topic: Vados Bait  (Read 8986 times)

Offline tip^assassin

• IceShanty Rookie
Vados Bait
« on: Dec 09, 2013, 06:57 PM »
Has anyone on here ever dealt with Vados Bait?  I don't want to give details of my situation until they have a chance to make it right, I just want to see if they have a reputatio (good or bad).

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Vados Bait
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Used them a few times. Always had great quality bait. Never had a problem with them. Used jada to, their bait was fine but had no spike colors. Jada is farther from me so usually not has fresh.

Can't say I had bad luck with either. Did your bait get froze in transport?

Offline TobStar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:16 PM »
I have been buying colored spikes from Vados for years without any issues.  TobStar
TobStar

Offline tip^assassin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:18 PM »
No, my bait shipped today. They charge 9 dollars for 1000 spikes, which seems pretty reasonable. They add shipping costs after you order, I got my total today and it was 28.00. So 19 dollars to ship a small bag of spikes seems rediculous. I know 19 dollars isn't a lot in the whole scheme of things, I just don't like being taken advantage of.  I will update this with what they tell me after I call them tomorrow.

Offline Chuckles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:22 PM »
Ja-Da bait has 1000 spikes for $15.50 and that's with free shipping.  You were robbed.

Offline flylinemt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:26 PM »
I get 3 -4 doers a year with no problems. It defiantly cost some money. Vados is always been good quality & service.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:49 PM »
you should have known the shipping cost BEFORE the order was completed.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:50 PM »
No, my bait shipped today. They charge 9 dollars for 1000 spikes, which seems pretty reasonable. They add shipping costs after you order, I got my total today and it was 28.00. So 19 dollars to ship a small bag of spikes seems rediculous. I know 19 dollars isn't a lot in the whole scheme of things, I just don't like being taken advantage of.  I will update this with what they tell me after I call them tomorrow.

Sounds like jada is better for u free shipping.

Vados is fine, but you have to watch your area or shipping or it gets high, because they only ship if it can get shipped & delivered in 2 days.  For me vados and jada are about the same.  Vados is a touch higher, but has multi colored spikes so I go with them.

I can't remember, but I think you can buy smaller quantities from vados vs jada which makes vados cheaper for a lot of guys close by them. However if your any distance from vados shipping cost to much for the smaller quantities.

Looks like you got a lesson learned on this one about the shipping.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:55 PM »
you should have known the shipping cost BEFORE the order was completed.

Vados is weird like that, you can ask/request a shipping quote before they charge you. If you don't they just charge you whatever shipping company they use that is cheapest. I use to have ups deliver them. Now they have speedy delivery for me.

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:57 PM »
i got 1k multi color spikes to the door for $18.50. no issues ;D

Offline tip^assassin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2013, 08:09 PM »
They are shipping me mine ups ground. 19 bucks for ups ground shipping
Used them a few times. Always had great quality bait. Never had a problem with them. Used jada to, their bait was fine but had no spike colors. Jada is farther from me so usually not has fresh.

Can't say I had bad luck with either. Did your bait get froze in transport?
to Michigan.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2013, 08:25 PM »
They are shipping me mine ups ground. 19 bucks for ups ground shipping to Michigan.

Well what part of Michigan? You in the glove or the area up by Lake Superior? I think jada is in Wisconsin why didn't you buy from the closer place? If I remember it cost me $9 to get bait shipped to NW Iowa.

Offline nocsious

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2013, 08:35 PM »
I used Vados this Fall for a flat of 500 crawlers.  Good quality as it was very hot.  The crawlers arrived nice and cool.

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2013, 08:42 PM »
Vados is awesome. I used to buy from them all the time. They say on their site, if you want to know how much shipping is to call. I called and it was going to be over $20+ she explained that they have a Live on Arrival Guarantee so they would have to send them overnight to me. She said that if I was okay with removing that guarantee (she said people do this all the time and they haven't ever had a problem) she could send them ground and get them to me in 3 days and it was around $15 to get them from CO to MN. If you call they can walk you through the options available and prices.

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2013, 12:15 AM »
I just ordered 1,000 spikes from them this afternoon. Shipping was "to be determined".  Now I'm concerned.  I never guessed it could be an additional $19.  In the past I also ordered waxies from them.... but two years in a row the ones they shipped seemed to be very small and almost dried out.  Not quite dead but certainly not as plump and "juicy" as the waxies sold locally.  The spikes last a long time if you change the sawdust they're shipped in and keep them in the fridge.

Offline walkndude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2013, 01:06 AM »
Luckdog, you should cancel and just get them from crittergrub.com. 14.00 for a 1000 and free shipping, the company is in S. WI and I always get my orders within a few days(I'm in IL too). Have made quite a few orders and never a problem. They also guarantee live delivery.

Offline Doug D

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2013, 06:23 PM »
I ordered 1000 colored spikes and 500 wax worms from vados last year and the shipping was $34 alone to Maine. They sent me and e-mail to make sure I still wanted them. Everything arrived alive and the bait lasted all winter. I am giving jada bait a try this year its hard to beat 1000 spikes for $15 shipped.

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2013, 02:27 AM »
I bought my spikes from Jada last year, and have some on the way from them again this year.  I used them after the ice left and was fishing from the boat this last season.  1,000 spikes shipped for $15.50 is hard to beat.

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 11, 2013, 06:58 AM »
I had a similar issue with Vados, will never deal with them again.
I am a very happy customer of JadaBait.net who includes shipping and tax in there price you see on the website.
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline frogmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 11, 2013, 08:14 AM »
They had taken upon themselves to "approve" my S&H request themselves even AFTER I called per their Website Instructions and even taken the extra step to email them too.  After emailing my shipment was on the way, I replied immediately about NOT being notified of S&H Fee as requested before shipment!  Then a few excuses like... did you call us?.... we never got your vm!... Ect...

NOW also JADA are no Saints Either.  When I did get my Order from them the Box had $2.75 Shipping So my Order + $2.75 does NOT EQUAL what was Charged to my CC. 

I sure Hope JADA & VALODS and all other Seller read this an all the other posts about their industry and practices.  LISTEN  All we want is to know the price of the product plus shipping Fees UP FRONT and ACCURATE.  We all know they have a profit Margin (got it) but do not hit us with profit margin then see what you can over-charge us for so called S&H Fees too!   The First HONEST SELLER can put all other out of business if they are HONEST!!!

Bless 
Fish FEAR ME ;)

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #20 on: Dec 11, 2013, 08:29 AM »
After buying on line for a couple of years now from Vado's I talked to my local bait shop and he can get me the same amount 500/1000 of bait waxie's and or spikes for the same price or less. So this year I am buying local. Have to be careful now with this cold snap when shipping, the delivery guy leaves the box outside my door and I don't get home from work until 5 pm it was minus -17F this morning.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 11, 2013, 09:21 AM »
we use vados because of the colored spikes.  my order from them this year had 10 bucks shipped on it.  last year it was 9.   i can either get 1000 no color from jada for 16-17 or usually 18-19 colored from vados both good deals.  but i'm also not so far away from vados to where the shipping is a headache. 

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2013, 02:18 PM »
Here's a progress report on my Vados order on 12/10/13.  They charged me $10 to ship $9 worth of spikes.  The delivery firm (Spee Dee) left them on my front porch with the temp at 17 degrees.  I found them when I got home from shopping.  After letting them thaw out for about 1/2 hour, most of the red ones have turned black and only about 1/2 of the white ones are moving.  I called to leave a message at Vados, only to find they shut down at 14:00.  I left a message explaining what happened.  We'll see how they respond. 

One thing that really ticks me off is the POOR way they packaged these spikes.  The tube of spike was shipped in a very thin cardboard box with that was open at both ends (only a strip of tape in the middle of the end flap) and three crumpled sheets of newspaper.  For $10 you would think that they at least would tape the ends shut so that the gaps were covered!

Offline dpm1228

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 12, 2013, 02:27 PM »
I do business with Vados locally. Always have fresh bait and reasonable prices.

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 19, 2013, 01:20 PM »
I'd like to give a SHOUT OUT to Vados for the way they resolved my problem.  As I posted earlier, my initial order of 1,000 mixed color spikes was left on the front porch in a poorly taped, thin cardboard box. Yesterday I received the replacement shipment that contained more spikes than originally ordered.  These spikes were in a styrofoam shipping box that was taped so well that it took me 5 minutes with a knife to get it open.  All spikes were lively and wiggly!!  All I can say is Thank You Vados for taking care of the problem in such an expeditious and generous manner.

Offline pascoag icefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 07, 2014, 09:27 PM »
I order from crittergrub great bait and free shipping! :clap:

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Jan 07, 2014, 09:54 PM »
I bought 1000 of the mixed color ones from vados a couple weeks ago. Was 10.50 shipping and 9 for the spikes. $19.50 for 1000 isnt toooo bad, but its 25% more than jada. The spikes were very plump but also tore very easy and I'm losing them a lot faster than my jada ones. The ones from jada have a hard shell and are darn near bullet proof. I've found no increase in bites with the colored ones so I'll be ordering from jada from now on.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #27 on: Aug 31, 2014, 10:41 PM »
So we have vadoos & jada what other places are there for winter bait orders?

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Sep 01, 2014, 06:08 AM »
Around here I get my spikes etc. From my local bait shop. Red green white. No shipping, he charges me a few bucks more than what he gets them for. Because he gets a better price when he orders more. For some this will not work because they do not have a local bait shop. But if you do, talk to them. I have found most are willing to work a deal with ya. Plus we need to support the local mom and pop stores. If we don't they will end up closing. Then we all will be stuck ordering our gear from the big box stores that don't order everything we may like or need. The little guys will most of the time order what you want.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Sep 01, 2014, 06:20 AM »
So we have vadoos & jada what other places are there for winter bait orders?

Don't forget our Shanty sponsor

http://www.knutsonlivebait.com/
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.