Author Topic: Waxies  (Read 5980 times)

Offline alekhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
Waxies
« on: Dec 03, 2013, 09:50 PM »
Haven't been to Omaha in a week or soo any one know who is selling them is scheels carying them yet
I'm not brightest tool in the shed my ice auger is

Offline teehjaeh57

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Waxies
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2013, 09:54 PM »
Just bought 500 from petsmart online for 14 bones - shipping was 7 - arrived literally the next day, within 14 hours of online purchase. 
couldn't believe how fast it was.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Offline jig4crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2013, 09:57 PM »
Yes Scheels does have them. Got 1000 from Jadabait yesterday $26 free shipping!

Offline alekhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2013, 10:02 PM »
Awesome I don't know if I need a thousand but might pick up some hopefully get out on the ice on Sunday getting really excited for this ice season
I'm not brightest tool in the shed my ice auger is

Offline teehjaeh57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2013, 10:05 PM »
Yes Scheels does have them. Got 1000 from Jadabait yesterday $26 free shipping!

That's a solid deal right there - I'm taking notes for next year.  I didn't want to chance it at Scheels Friday night or Saturday AM and get shut out.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Offline nate95366

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2013, 10:41 PM »
I was happy with the order of waxies and maggots I got delivered from Vados bait last season.  I'll probably order this year's bait at the end of this week and if I get on the ice before the bait arrives, fish with plastics.

Nate

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2013, 03:37 AM »
What online sites have you had good luck with bait and cost?

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2013, 06:45 AM »
Speedy worm

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2013, 07:31 AM »
What online sites have you had good luck with bait and cost?

I ordered 1,000 wax worms and 1,000 red spikes for $33 (not including shipping) from Vados Bait Express....they are like $14.99 for 250 wax worms from Scheels or Cabelas....when they have them in stock. Not going through the same thing as last year - we were in the heat of the season and neither of them had them in stock.

Offline teehjaeh57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:01 AM »
Jadabait 1000/$26 including shipping
Petsmart 500/$14 plus shipping [$7]
Vados 1000 waxie/1000 red spikes $33

Offline CARTMATT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:47 AM »
Friend and I just ordered 1000 waxies from speedy worm. See how far they last....
Snackworms.com  $15 per 1000.  4 tubs of 250 but they're out.

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2013, 12:12 PM »
I placed an order yesterday and should have waxies and minnows sometime Friday at the Trading Post.  Winter Storm Cleon dumped 10-12 inches of wind driven powdery snow in the Valentine area yesterday through this morning.  While I expect to see decent ice conditions given the frigid temps there is some concern about the insulating blanket of snow and the windy conditions preventing consistant freeze up.  Everyone be safe out there!

Offline HuskersLincoln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2013, 07:59 AM »
Dead waxies from vados yesterday :(

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2013, 08:42 AM »

That scares me. I ordered 1000 waxies and 500 spikes from them on Wednesday and hoping they show up today.  Do they ship USPS?

Q

Offline Sorny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2013, 08:53 AM »

They will send new, they are great about that.  It's too cold to be sending waxies on the UPS truck right now.

Offline HuskersLincoln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2013, 09:00 AM »
They came UPS, yes I think your right, it's too cold to be sending now.  maggots are ok.

Offline rippin-lips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2013, 09:41 AM »
I ordered from speedy worm this week. Last year I got waxes and spikes. I was impressed with the success we had with the spikes. Plus they were tougher than the waxies. Often times I caught multiple fish without rebaiting! Or used them in combination with a wax worm.
Scott Tincher
Clam Pro Staff. ~Power Stick~

Offline nate95366

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2013, 12:04 PM »
Last year, I ordered from Vados and my stuff came alive, in great shape, and on Spee-Dee (not UPS).  I'm putting my order in next week!

Nate

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 07, 2013, 02:57 PM »
I ordered Tuesday night 1000 maggots and 500 waxes.  The red maggots are fine but can't say the same for waxes.  They are basically all dead. 

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 07, 2013, 03:02 PM »
I ordered Tuesday night 1000 maggots and 500 waxes.  The red maggots are fine but can't say the same for waxes.  They are basically all dead.

Let them know, they will make it right.

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 12, 2013, 02:00 PM »
Well, Spee-Dee just dropped off 1000 Waxies and 500 Spikes... dead.  :'(

Let's see how JA-DA does with their Live Delivery Guarantee.

Here's a live action movie of what they looked like when I opened the lid.

Q

Offline EyeDoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eyes by day, Eyes by night.
« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2013, 02:09 PM »
Just got my Vados waxies and in great shape. Call and im sure they will make it right! :)

Offline addicted

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2013, 07:45 PM »
Got 2000 spikes from Vados today. Lively and in great shape. I was concerned because delivery took an extra day. I talked to Vados and they told me to warm them up and make sure they were lively before putting them in the fridge. They were very helpful and wanted to make sure they arrived alive or they would replace them. I'm sure if you call them they will make it right. This is the first time I have ordered from them but won't hesitate to order from them again.

Time to put them spikes to use!!
That's why is called "fishing" and not "catching".

Offline TrackerTarga

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 13, 2013, 08:00 AM »
Jadabait has nice big waxies.
Ice Ice Baby!

Offline mandm3108

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 13, 2013, 02:58 PM »
Cabelas Shippment Of Waxies Froze On The Way In So They Are out

Offline kevin1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 13, 2013, 03:01 PM »
got some spikes from Critter Grub yesterday their doing great, thought for sure they would be froze

Offline eepks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 13, 2013, 05:05 PM »
Got my waxworms and spikes from JA DA today. Spikes are ok, but the waxies aren't moving. I called and they said for me to keep the waxies at room temp for 24 hours and to call back if they are dead. They also want a count of dead and living.

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Dec 14, 2013, 10:14 AM »
Got my waxworms and spikes from JA DA today. Spikes are ok, but the waxies aren't moving. I called and they said for me to keep the waxies at room temp for 24 hours and to call back if they are dead. They also want a count of dead and living.

That sucks.  It must have been a cold truck ride from WI to NE.  I hope they can get them replaced quickly.  The season is here early this year!

Q

Offline Docholiday

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 14, 2013, 12:22 PM »
I used Vados all last year. Placed my first order on Tuesday so I would have bait for the weekend. Didn't receive any shipping info on Wed so I sent an email didn't receive an answer. Thought Ok they will send something Thursday nothing so I sent an email and called, went to voice mail.  No response from either didn't receive anything from them Friday either and they are closed on Fridays. So I received an email saying my order was placed and an order number but nothing after that. I am less than impressed right now as I live in a town that carries nothing for bait. So now I will waste today driving a couple hours to go get bait. Thanks Vados
Hit em Hard Water Style

Doc

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #29 on: Dec 14, 2013, 01:23 PM »
Should have placed it Sunday, give them the benefit of extra days, I ordered from Vados the week of Thanksgiving, Sunday email to be exact, called and confirmed on Monday, was assured they would leave Monday when I fact the were shipped Tuesday, so Tues - Friday on truck got them that Friday. Baits were alive and in good shape, even had a call from Vados making sure that I had gotten them. There was an admitted mixup by them, they thought that Central Nebraska was closer than it actually is.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.