Author Topic: Bradwell  (Read 19535 times)

Offline deringer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bradwell
« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2014, 02:53 PM »
Thanks gor the info

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 12, 2014, 08:10 PM »
went out for the last 2 hours of the day this afternoon, a little irritated to get to my shack to find a group in a tent set up not even 20 feet from me. plenty of lake out there to fish on! that is the second time this year that this has happened to me in 2 different spots. fishing was slow and the wind was just miserable.

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 12, 2014, 11:58 PM »
make it out to bradwell today. my buddy was out there before sun up and caught two nice sized eyes and I caught mine not long after a lot of hole hoping. All in all my girlfriend an I went home with 1 walleye and 15 perch that were 10-11" and the eye was 3lbs.

Offline firesong

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 13, 2014, 04:02 PM »
WTH!
20 ft!  That's outrageous ;)

Some areas have very little structure where the fish like to hang out.
Pump houses and that kinda stuff. I get a kick when people
think they 'own' the 20ft surrounding their shack.
Figure out the square footage you 'own'

Be reasonable.
or not... feel free to flame away

Offline RD79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2014, 06:54 PM »
Im with Malayney 100%  within 20 feet is ridiculous, ive had 3 times where i pull up to my shack and some A$$hole is sitting on the step with a hole drilled 2 feet right in front of my door, not impressed having to carry a plank to cover stupidity and ignorance.  If you are trying to get out of the wind, don't drill holes right beside someones shack, nothing good ever comes from it, nobody is ever happy about it and if you get a big wind in the spring with and open hole on the sunny side the water will whip and swirl and open a really big hole..I've seen that with my dads shack on Dief.  Just causes a dangerous situation with kidlets rippin around.  Lots of ice for everyone, if someone is already on "your" spot, dont be a dink move to spot #2...you dont pull up to another boat in the summer and use their anchor so why is it ok to do it in the winter?

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 13, 2014, 07:13 PM »
Yep I agree. Usually if I see someone close to my hotspot. I go to hotspot #2 or try a totally new spot. Sometimes that new spot becomes the new hot spot. But I also like to fish away from everybody else.

Offline firesong

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:29 PM »
Maybe I went over board with the shock but
20 ft radius is extreme

I do agree getting too close is rude.
Nothing like having water coming out of holes and freezing the shacks in.
But I think 20 ft is dreaming.

Can't compare to boats. It's not like you are casting.
Anyway, any lake this close to the city is going to get traffic.
Period.

Offline KenH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:49 PM »
We do not fish out of our shack but use it for warming up drinking coffee and what not. Main reason is if we have holes within 30 feet of out shack we will get flooded. Same thing have had people drill right by the shack and then we end up with a big problem and the shack is elevated off the ice. You end up walking around in water and it makes it really tough to move a shack when everything is sitting in flood water >:( >:(

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 14, 2014, 10:58 AM »
I do not feel that I own the 20' radius around my shack, but asking for a little common courtesy shouldn't be considered so outrageous. I'm not worried about people catching all the fish around my shack, but like the other guys I worry about my shack getting froze in. Cost me the floor of my shack last winter when people used it as a wind break and still holes all around it. Even had one group that pushed it off the 4x4 blocks I keep it left on to prevent it from freezing down so they could block the wind better. All I am asking for is a little respect for others out on the ice

Offline firesong

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 14, 2014, 11:37 AM »
I agree with pretty much all your statements.
People shouldn't touch other peoples shacks.. period
You shouldn't drill holes next to shacks either like I said.

Im not the type to like to hone in peoples shacks, I have my own
gear and it's good. Plan for the weather. Just saying if someone comes
in and asks if they can fish close I usually say that's cool. But don't touch
my drilled holes.
(That being said I have let some use them while watching them struggle
with a hand auger..)

One big nono is the loud music or noise, especially when close to others and
especially when going for walleye.  Kids are the same... my kids get the lecture
and are told to go off a ways from anyone to make noise when walleye fishing.

Anyway, fish hard.

Offline Dooman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • matrix cutter
« Reply #40 on: Jan 14, 2014, 02:24 PM »
they should teach fishing in saskatchewan schools phys-ed

its just lack of information imo, when i was a rookie, i remember plenty of times drilling holes nearly right up against someone who wasn't there's perm shack to block wind. I wouldn't do it now obviously being an experienced ice fisher and visiting the forums etc., but i didn't even relize at the time i was doing anything wrong - not everyone is taught by their fathers, etc., i took initiative to learn on my own

as for area around the shack and setting up to close, i think its relative to the area being fished. if you go to the north end of blackstrap, and someone sets up camp 20 ft away from you, it should be expected, as it becomes a small town on weekends.  but if you break trail to a new spot or are out all alone a good way away from the action and someone comes n sets up within 20 ft then that's unacceptable

sorry to have continued the de-rail, ill switch back now - i've only fished bradwell once before and only saw a few pike on cam and got skunked. would love to try again, wish i had a consistent spot close to saskatoon, of all lakes i icefish, quapelle lakes are the only lakes that consistently produce, but they are so far from stoon.
"Some people fish their whole lives without realizing it isn't fish they are after"

Offline wally wacker49

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 15, 2014, 07:54 AM »
lol its just not iceshacks people fish close to . I have had several occasions when I have drilled a 20 yard ring of holes and had people pull their shacks right into  my ring and sometimes park over one of my holes. People are not used to my ice trolling I  guess. one group even got excited they found an open hole and drilled more around it while I stood and watched go figure.

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 15, 2014, 12:41 PM »
Are we all talking about bradwell? Or in general. these reservoirs are small and people are limited to depths. A good part of this lake is only 4-8 feet deep. Now if its a lake like dief or last mountain I would be Pi$$

Offline wally wacker49

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 15, 2014, 09:32 PM »
was out at lungs  on lake Lenore on boxing day. Lenore would be considered large and the area I was fishing had lots of room but a guy still came and put his shacks 5 ft from my outside ring hole , my ring was only about 15 yards  wowsers

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 16, 2014, 07:36 AM »
Anyone heading out today or tomorrow? Just wondering if any shacks out there saw some damage with all the wind out there. Won't be able to check on mine til sat at the earliest

Offline churks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 16, 2014, 10:10 AM »
Would like wind damage info from out there too.
fish and hunt till it kills me or i kill it

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 16, 2014, 05:28 PM »
There is 4 shacks that were affected  out there. A red one is leaning on another trailer it might be okay. There is a trailer along the dam flipped. The one down the southeast side further down the lake is the worst one completely shredded. Sorry guys. And fishing was slow.

Offline churks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 16, 2014, 06:15 PM »
Did any of the damaged trailer ones look like a tent trailer turned into ice shack ?

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 16, 2014, 07:24 PM »
Not sure. The only trailer one that was wind damaged. Had a nice metal information plate beside the door as I drove bye it. Didn't get out to look at the name. I should have.

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 16, 2014, 10:20 PM »
Hey BigJumb, the red one you referred too, it wasn't a dark red 8x12 with a flat roof was it?

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 16, 2014, 11:14 PM »
Yep a dark red. Right where you drive on in  the north end. Couldn't see the roof from my angle. Looked flat ,size sounds right . It's leaned over against a tandem camper trailer. Didn't get close but didn't see damage from my view .

Offline churks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 17, 2014, 05:12 AM »
Not sure. The only trailer one that was wind damaged. Had a nice metal information plate beside the door as I drove bye it. Didn't get out to look at the name. I should have.
that would be mine im guessing how bad is it.

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 17, 2014, 07:30 AM »
The red one sounds like it's mine unfortunately, guess I'll see if I can get out of work this afternoon and go check it out. Anyone else going out today ?

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 17, 2014, 07:46 AM »
brutal, sorry to hear guys.

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:06 AM »
What's access on to the lake like now after all that wind?

Offline churks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:09 AM »
brutal, sorry to hear guys.
ill be going out to check mine out this afternooon too.

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:49 AM »
Churks, assuming my boss lets me go I'll be out there this afternoon I'll be in a greenish blue gmc with silver under trim feel free to stop by or let me know if you need a hand with yours

Offline churks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 17, 2014, 10:12 AM »
Ill be in a blacked out dodge truck same let me know if u need a hand.

Offline Murf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 17, 2014, 06:07 PM »
The shredded shack further down the lake was green in color looking at the pieces that were there.

Offline churks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 17, 2014, 07:17 PM »
Ya that one was the worst and mine was second worst got it all cleaned up and got it home definitely total loss. Dont know how to post pics other wise I would.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.