Author Topic: Bradwell  (Read 19538 times)

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bradwell
« on: Nov 29, 2013, 09:33 AM »
Anyone been out on bradwell yet? Looking to head out there with my portable shack this weekend, just want to make sure the ice is safe. Any info would be great thanks

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bradwell
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2013, 10:08 AM »
Last weekend there was 6-8 inches everywhere we went on the west side.  Also read that the east side was similar.  Not sure what it would be like after this week.  Fish were present but wouldn't bite anything we put in front of their faces. 

Offline dsab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2013, 02:20 PM »
Any updates on ice thickness at Bradwell?  Can a guy drive on at the East end? 

Had such great luck at Bradwell last year on the East end - never left without catching 6-10 perch using small a small dead-eye dick jigging spoon with meal worms.  Now that hunting season is over tomorrow, time to get back out there.

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2013, 08:53 PM »
ice was 13" in front of the pump hosue when I was out there today

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2013, 04:10 PM »
anyone been out at all this week on bradwell? had decent luck out there last weekend, prob going to be out there this weekend too. has anyone started driving on at the east end yet?

Offline timbertomjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Was out on bradwell yesterday and day before. You can drive anywhere on lake with a foot of ice. The first day out landed 17 perch and yesterday landed 9 perch and little pike.

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2013, 10:33 AM »
I have been having decent luck with the perch out there as well, also managed a few pike, the walleye are present but show no interest in anything i have put in front of them

Offline deringer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2013, 10:59 AM »
what kind depth the perch at?

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2013, 06:07 PM »
i have been having the best luck in about 10 fow

Offline deringer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2013, 06:41 PM »
thanks for the tip

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2013, 09:56 PM »
not much luck today, hit up my same spot from last weekend where I  was doing well for perch, but no such luck today, lots of fish showing up on the flasher but wouldnt touch anything I put in front of them

Offline Arcom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2013, 10:29 PM »
Me and a buddy were hitting them in 10-12 fow today, i have never pulled anything other then perch out of there though. has anyone had any luck with walleyes there?

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2013, 10:55 PM »
done really well with walleye during open water, no luck yet through the ice, seen a few on camera though. the pike bite has been decent out there so far this winter

Offline saskoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2013, 07:35 AM »
I had my shack on bradwell last year, absolutely hammered fish up until xmas tme then couldn't pay for a bite after that. Best luck for all 3 species was a 3-4" minnow deadsticked or on a tipup under 10lb florocarbon on a small colorful octopus hook. Small pks and jig-a-whoppers worked well to. Caught several walleyes last winter most were first thing in the morning or right before dark. Caught one night fishing too, about 2 hrs after dark on a minnow

Offline tbor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 26, 2013, 05:38 PM »
Had a fun day at Bradwell. Saw a ton of perch, iced a few. Missed two flags, saw pike and managed to land a keeper Walter before I left.

Fishing is zen.

Offline timbertomjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 26, 2013, 09:04 PM »
I myself was out x mas eve. Managed 2 perch. seen lots on cam but not biting like they were last week.

Offline timbertomjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2014, 03:30 PM »
Does anyone know if you can still drive on bradwell?

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:23 PM »
driving on bradwell is good right now, easy access on and not to many big drifts out on the ice, one guy was even out on the ice with a small car today.  fishing has been very slow the last two days, anyone having better luck?

Offline timbertomjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2014, 09:13 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline fishn4evr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I catch what you wish you caught
« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:57 AM »
was out yesterday, very slow, 3 perch, seen a few other fish come to my hook on my vexilar but nothing else bit
"you cant catch if your lines not in the water"

Offline OLD

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing - it's my life!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 04, 2014, 08:24 PM »
Hi everybody! Guys me interested perch on this lake. What better bait to use?
Thanks for the info. ??? :tipup:

Days spent on fishing, in the count of days of human life - not included!

Offline dsab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 04, 2014, 08:53 PM »
last year I was hammering them with both meal worms or pieces of nightcrawlers. Both Small jig heads and small jigging spoons (dead-eye dicks) worked.

The perch fishing was on and off.  I would catch 4 or 5 in 15min, then dead for 3hrs, then catch another 3 or 4 in the course of 20 min.  Best I ever did was two of us iced 18 in 4hr. 

Good luck.

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 04, 2014, 11:38 PM »
The last time i was at bradwell this year we had really bad luck (only one perch for my dad) but these guys next to us did really well.  They were hole hopping in a relatively small area (maybe 15-30 ft between holes, and had about 6-8 for the two of them) and they caught probably 8-10 perch in a few hrs while everyone around them only got one or two fish per group and had been their a lot longer.  I think they were using meal worms and i assume really tiny hooks.  I think unless you get lucky and set up over a nice school or have one move in on you through the day, it pays to be very mobile.  We got very mobile after that, including drilling groupings of holes in a variety of different locations across the lake but we still only managed a few nibbles and didnt catch any fish.   I suspect our hooks were too big (i was using a mid sized buckshot with leech or minnow) and that meal worms were definitely the ticket that day.

I would love to get into some hot perch fishing some where.  With the exception of the random 2 perch i caught this summer on different occasions i had not caught a perch since i was a little kid.  I remember catching so many as a kid.  To be fair though i haven't specifically targeted them but you would think you would run into them while walleye fishing occasionally!

Anyways, good luck!

Offline deringer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:13 PM »
I catch 20-30 perch pretty well everytime I go out in the summer. winter not as lucky I get about 4-6 when I go out in winter but much bigger size than summer.

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2014, 09:52 AM »
hey guys what the snow conditions at bardwell. I have a 4x4 suv I'm just wondering if I'm going to get hung up where ever I go.

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2014, 11:20 AM »
You can probably get on the ice easily. Depends how low you are, my truck was almost dragging coming on. Once on the lake avoid drifts. Going off the lake wasn't to bad would have bin better but a Chevy going off before us decided to giver to get off the lake and chewed the nice packed trail all up :-\. not sure why, it was real easy idle to get off the lake. But if you don't have the clearance you may have to shovel a bit. Hope this helps.

Offline deringer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2014, 03:33 PM »
hows the fishing out there latey

Offline timbertomjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2014, 06:44 PM »
Awesome day at the res today. The family and I were out and landed 23 perch and 5 tiny little eyes. The wind got pretty bad so we left. It might be a tough time getting around tomorrow if wind picks up even more.

Offline deringer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 12, 2014, 10:35 AM »
what kinda depth if you don't mind sharing

Offline timbertomjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 12, 2014, 02:14 PM »
Hi deringer I was fishing 14ft to 12 fow. We moved around a bit until we had great action out of 3 holes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.