The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Gull Lake,2013-14  (Read 72548 times)

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Gull Lake,2013-14
« Reply #780 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:24 AM »
Glad to see your reports.  I sure would like to get up there but the way the bite has been, I don't know.  I am curious like you, I am wondering how the bite would be at the S. bay.  I talked to a guy that said a few years ago that when everyone was fishing the N. end he was out in the 2nd bay and doing good, but they were doing good on the N. end also.
Was hoping to smelt fish w/ya this winter, unfortunately, I don't think that will happen, but if all goes as planned, you WILL be chasing crappies w/ me, in about a month or so ;D. Depending on the weather tonight (wind &rain), I am going to try 2nd. bay. Princecraft, see ya on FB ;).
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline fishhunter87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #781 on: Mar 29, 2014, 10:33 AM »
Any reports from last night?  They haven't been good all week.  I'd like to get out one more time but is it worth the hour drive?
Shwacker87 on MS Forum......keep your stick on the ice.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #782 on: Mar 29, 2014, 11:32 AM »
I did not  fish last night & will not be able to make it out tonight. Got bit by a Flu bug  yesterday :(. Sorry, was hoping to have some info on 2nd. bay. If anyone gets out tonight, Good Luck !
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline fishon2358

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #783 on: Mar 30, 2014, 09:24 AM »
Can someone please give a report on ice conditions and a smelt report. We are over 2 hours away and would love to fish last ice but don't know if we can get on the ice. I hope you are the answer thanks so much.
Hey Ripper, I am going to fish, Thurs. & Fri. nights, & will post what I find. Actually thinking about trying 2nd. bay to see if anything is happening there. I stopped by Boris ,yesterday, while emptying  garbage cans, but no one was there. Gonna try again tomorrow , after work. Thanks again for the offer, I will let ya know what happens. The ice on the north end is still fine BTW.

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #784 on: Mar 30, 2014, 10:25 AM »

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #785 on: Mar 30, 2014, 11:05 AM »
My son said there were about 15 vehicles in the north end parking lot last night. I will try & find out more info, if I can.

Offline fishhunter87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #786 on: Mar 30, 2014, 06:48 PM »
Well it looks like I'm done for the season unless the ice holds up another week.  This was my first year chasing smelt and I had a blast!  Looking forward too next year and hopefully meeting a few of you out there!  Good luck to everyone on the soft water!
Shwacker87 on MS Forum......keep your stick on the ice.

Offline stevenmang85

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bluegill?
« Reply #787 on: Mar 31, 2014, 05:54 AM »
Was out yesterday chasing gills... Fish were NOT biting... Not sure what the shore ice round the north end looks like but there was still 12-16 inches of ice...  I can say for sure 2nd bay will still be fishable for a bit... Good luck everyone and stay safe!
gilliams and smeltzillas

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #788 on: Mar 31, 2014, 02:46 PM »
I will try to check the north end Tues. after work. Not really expecting to post good news, but we will see. That creek can really mess things up, BUT, it can open up other opportunities !

Offline Able2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #789 on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:50 AM »
Gull lake north end was innaccessible... Maybe ten feet of open water near shore. I would not recommend venturing out!

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #790 on: Apr 01, 2014, 03:20 PM »
Gull lake north end was innaccessible... Maybe ten feet of open water near shore. I would not recommend venturing out!
X2. There is more than that open now; also, Baseline rd. is unsafe! I had my waders on (& a PFD), & went through about 6" of really bad ice. Thigh deep water. I was just checking it & had no intentions of going any further. Even though I knew how deep the water was & was expecting it to happen, it was still scary. I will try & check south bay & 2nd. bay tomorrow, but pretty much expect the same thing. Wow, some of the things I will do, to get you all, an ice report ;D ;D ;D.

Offline junobeans

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #791 on: Apr 01, 2014, 07:15 PM »
Thanks smelt you could save a life!!

Offline jfusco5598

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #792 on: Apr 02, 2014, 12:56 PM »
Thanks smelt you could save a life!!

X2

Offline VX 12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #793 on: Apr 02, 2014, 07:07 PM »
Thanks Smeltbuster  for all your ice reports on Gull. Also thanks for putting out the trash can to try to teach people to take care of our wonderfull lakes ,we need more kind and environmentaly caring people like you.You have been a great help to everyone with all the info

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #794 on: Apr 10, 2014, 07:49 PM »
I was planning on  taking the toon out tonight & busting through the rotting ice, & trying for some smelt. TOO MUCH ICE YET >:(. Hoping to try it Sat. night. The lake is still ice covered, but it looks bad. Hardly any open water at the north end, due to wind.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #795 on: Apr 15, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Time to close this thread. Hope to hear from all of you, over on MFF/ Mich. board. SEE YA !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.