Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel

Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | KTP | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird | AcmeTackle
Mar 22, 2017, 04:14 PM
Click here to order with free shipping.

Team Iceshanty Patches! Most iceshanty boards are represented

Miss activation email? Check your spam folder! | Forgot password?

Author Topic: expedition anorakk suit -- any reviews?  (Read 6859 times)

finchasr

• IceShanty Rookie

• Wishin' I was Fishin'
Re: expedition anorakk suit -- any reviews?
« Reply #20 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:37 PM »
A gazillion pockets to choose from now you know bait goes in one of the inside pockets to stay warm and lively or at least not chilled. I haven't worn mine on ice yet but it is pretty sweet if heavy.  I put all loose things in zippered pockets on ice. I still love snow bibs for their heat and light weight and have took the dip a couple times they float long enough to pop back on top.

finchasr

• IceShanty Rookie

• Wishin' I was Fishin'
« Reply #21 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:41 PM »
ok, so bait should go somewhere else but what about my hands when I want to warm up with the fleece lined pockets - nice feature but not it they're full of snow! Also, if I want to fish in the rain which I've declined doing so (before buying this suit) this season because of non waterproof gear issues, what happens to all the rain? I'm thing it's goin in the pockets which have NO FLAPS! So Blu good luck with the suit, don't turn your back in a snowstorm if you want to warm your hands and be careful if you fish in the rain cause the suit may get a little heavier! Tight lines and stay on top!

blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 17, 2014, 02:42 AM »
I checked the pockets out. On me they do not hang open any more than any other jacket I wear out on ice.  I'll admit most of my fishing and hunting gear has only zippered pockets though.
I wear glacier ice gloves with grabber packs inside to keep fingers  warm.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Hiatt71

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #23 on: Mar 08, 2014, 09:45 PM »
What happens if a guy only needs a x-large bibs and a 2xl jacket? I have broad shoulders. I stand 6' 1" 250 lbs. I've been thinking about getting this suit for a couple of weeks now. The sizing is my only draw back. Wish I lived a little closers to Glenn's outdoors! :tipup:

quote author=Dana link=topic=262794.msg2704753#msg2704753 date=1385164147]
They are the best suit for the money that's made.  I dare anyone to compare it to a Clam Ultra Suit or a Sno Suit and not purchase the Anorakk.  3 Year warranty on them.  MN Company.  Once a few people have these they are going to be the most sought after suit out there.  I've attached the size chart below.

[/quote]

Dakota Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular

• Ice Fisherman walk on water
« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 2014, 11:43 AM »
I bought this suit from Glens for $170 and free-shipping had in 2 days. I would put this suit up with those big dollar suits and it would do the job. I am 6'2 and 250 and my waist is a 38 and my chest is a 52 and the XL fit perfect maybe just maybe a tad short on the sleeve length but nothing to complain about. Its toasty warm and has plenty of pockets to the point I couldn't find my keys cause I couldn't remember which pocket it was :-[. Would recommend this suit to anyone who wants a high dollar quality on a low dollar budget! ;D

Idahogator

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

• Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #25 on: Apr 11, 2014, 07:05 PM »
I just couldn't tolerate all this yakking about this suit and not having one in hand.     ::)

My order has been processed for an XL.      ;)2

Now, for an update.  (2-22-2016)

They really got it right with this suit.

Waterproof in light rain, knee pads very strong.     

Armpit vents are a plus.      :thumbsup:

Bibs are easy on/off while wearing Trans Alaska III huge boots, due to long leg zippers.

Zipper pocket inside the coat prevents escapees down the icehole.    ;)2

MANY pockets but, none large enough for the kitchen sink, ha.

Snow proof flaps on the pockets function very well.

Drawstring at the coat bottom to avoid crack draft. ( But, the coat is long.)

Only regret is, I see they make it in a FLOATER.       :unsure:

Idahogator

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

• Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #26 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:50 PM »
Above is an update.     ;D

icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #27 on: Feb 23, 2016, 10:54 AM »
They are the best suit for the money that's made.  I dare anyone to compare it to a Clam Ultra Suit or a Sno Suit and not purchase the Anorakk.  3 Year warranty on them.  MN Company.  Once a few people have these they are going to be the most sought after suit out there.  I've attached the size chart below.

I agree it's probably better than the clam suit, but I can  tell you first hand the fxe Snosuit was the best suit every made.  Even though it wasn't a floater.

feklar

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #28 on: Feb 23, 2016, 07:44 PM »
I have one have had it for 2 years, but rarely worn it.  I have never had another suit, so I don't have anything to compare it to.  I have rarely worn it because it is WARM, and we didn't get much cold this year.

Thing I have noticed:
Very warm
knee pads are nice
with the zippers on legs came all the way to hip.
lots of pockets.
Wish a liner zipped out of the coat so I could use it more
Like the reflective piping.

kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict

• formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #29 on: Feb 25, 2016, 02:47 PM »
Okay here is my unboxing review of my new Anorakk  Sikre flotation  suit.
Brand new with tags, free shipping, size large: 185.00. That's the jacket and bibs.
The jacket weighs in at 3.9 lbs. The bibs 2.7 lbs.
Jacket has 6 pockets inside and 9 outside, plus a small pocket with a safety whistle.
Bibs have 8 pockets. All pockets have flaps or zippers, except the 4 hand warmer pockets (2 jacket, 2 bibs). Outside zippers are waterproof.
Jacket has leg straps so the jacket will not ride up in the wind or water.
Bibs have padded and reinforced knees and seat. When kneeling the padding is right where you need it. There is no flotation in the bottom 12" of the legs.
Hip length zippers on the legs. But the storm flap has Velcro fasteners. Not a fan of that, but not sure I would have liked a magnet any better.
 Fabric appears to be very tuff but flexible.
 Size wise the bibs fit me just fine. I am 6'0", 175 lbs. I am of slender build so the jacket is a little large on me. But that is fine because I will probably have another jacket or hoody under it.
 I have not had the chance to try it out on the ice as I just got it today and we have had rain for 2 days.
 Someone complained that the suit did not have cuffs. I can tell you that it has an inner cuff and a neoprene adjustable outer cuff. Also has 2 draw strings, one at the waist and one at the bottom of the coat.
One thing I am not sure of is the bottom of the bibs has the soft part of Velcro sewn in the inside of the pants leg. I am guessing this a wear guard.
 The jacket has a nice high standup collar that will block the wind. Plus a zip off hood. Zippered vents under the arms also.

All in all I can say I am happy with the new suit, especially for the price. This is replacing a 35+ year old sears snowmobile suit. Will update after using it for awhile.     

kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict

• formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #30 on: Dec 30, 2016, 07:27 AM »
OK, here is an update of my in-boxing of my Anorakk suit. I used it a couple of times last year and found it to work very well with the exception of the back of the legs got cold from the knees on down. There appears to be only a couple layers of fabric back there. This year I looked at the competions bibs and noticed they were constructed the same way. I now where a pair of windblocker pants under the suit and all is good.
 This is a very high quality floating suit. At the price I got it at was a bargain, but even at their regular price it is a good deal.

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird AcmeTackle
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved