Author Topic: Canobie Lake Ice fishing  (Read 614 times)

Offline dane grasso

• Team IceShanty Regular
Canobie Lake Ice fishing
« on: Nov 13, 2013, 07:55 AM »
can somebody set the record straightjust got off the phone with fishing game department and they said Canobie Lake you can put  a shanty on it  they said the lake is open year-round no restrictions on Bob houses  can someone post the facts  thans see at ice in ??? ???
happy wife happy life

Offline PapaAthona

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Canobie Lake Ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2013, 08:07 AM »
I ice fish canobie.  I have never heard of any restrictions like that. 

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2013, 08:32 AM »
Who told you you can't put a hardside out there? I think there are actually very few waterbodies that you can't have a hardside on.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline dane grasso

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2013, 10:50 AM »
thank you for the feedback
happy wife happy life

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2013, 11:07 AM »
I have seen bob houses there for sure. Canobie is a nice little lake, I'm from salem originally grew up minutes from there. I used to fish it a lot when I was a kid got some nice bows too. Always went alone snuck away and fished all day everyday during summer vacations. In winter before I knew anything about ice fishing I used to walk to the lake and go out and talk to all the old timers ice fishing back then it seemed like all they used was shiners and the famous swedish pimple. I used to go out and just talk to anyone I could who was ice fishing. No one in my family had ever done it and I didnt own any gear. Those guys were very kind to show some kid they didn't know how to ice fish. Those were the days. Im talking early 80's anyone
ever ice fish that lake in the early 80's? I think the only place to get bait was at Masons Country store in Windham, if I remember they had a huge bait tank for shiners. A lot has changed since then. bait shops gear etc the sport has really come a long way.
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.