The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Burbot bash 2014  (Read 1385 times)

Offline weak-ling

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get off the computer and fish.
Burbot bash 2014
« on: Nov 08, 2013, 04:06 PM »
Is this a false statement that the bash will be from nov. 15 - jan. 26th or is it two different weekends?

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Burbot bash 2014
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2013, 05:07 PM »
what I understand is it is going to run for a few weeks, but that looks like it is running a couple months, with a couple of weekend tourneys throughout the time period, but still sketchy for me anyways.

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2013, 05:38 PM »
If someone can find the time, could you contact the tourney director to clear up any confusion?
So many fish, so little time.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2013, 06:14 PM »
Heres all the info you will need

http://www.burbotbash.com/

There will be 2 weekend tourneys Nov 15-17 & Jan 24-26. There are payouts for biggest, smallest and most for each weekend. The only thing that will payout between the opening and closing weekend will be for tagged fish. When your on the site go to about at the top and then rules in the drop down, this explains it all. We will be there with 2, 3 man teams for the opening and a pretty good group for the closing with a few overnighters in between. Atleast as many as our wives can handle  :unsure:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2013, 08:18 PM »
Dear List;
Today at noon at the Log Inn I attended the meeting for the "Classic Burbot Bash" set for the weekend of February 8th. and 9th.  This is the weekend after superbowl.
The other burbot bash is put on by Dagget County Utah and lasts for the extended period of Nov. through January.  There are no other burbot fishing contests according to Wyoming game and fish.   I hope this adds some clarity....see link on previous post.

I will add more info. to the derby page when we get further  settled on peticulars. It looks like external tagging is favored and a few other changes to keep fishermen more excited.

Game and fish were present as was the two chambers of commerce, Green River and Rock Springs. as was Buckboard Marina operator Les
tanner.

Again, I will post information as it becomes available, maybe next week on some of the plans.
Thread killer

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Dear List;
Today at noon at the Log Inn I attended the meeting for the "Classic Burbot Bash" set for the weekend of February 8th. and 9th.  This is the weekend after superbowl.
The other burbot bash is put on by Dagget County Utah and lasts for the extended period of Nov. through January.  There are no other burbot fishing contests according to Wyoming game and fish.   I hope this adds some clarity....see link on previous post.

I will add more info. to the derby page when we get further  settled on peticulars. It looks like external tagging is favored and a few other changes to keep fishermen more excited.

Game and fish were present as was the two chambers of commerce, Green River and Rock Springs. as was Buckboard Marina operator Les
tanner.

Again, I will post information as it becomes available, maybe next week on some of the plans.

The second planning meeting was held today, Friday, and more planning was accomplished.   When the forest service permitting is completed, there will be much more to offer up as information. WYIfish
Thread killer

Offline rks-icer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2013, 10:06 PM »
Concerning the one out of Dagget county. I talked to the guy this week. The internally tagged fish will be checked in at the Villa in Manilla, Utah only. They are trying to set up a location in Rock Springs as well but nothing for sure yet. Personally I am not crazy about driving all the way to Manilla after a long night of fishing.

Offline kpalm001

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2013, 01:32 PM »
is there any ice down at the George right now ?

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2013, 09:34 PM »
Look up the flaming gorge thread for ice conditions under the reports and conditions page.
Thread killer

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.