Author Topic: Favorite Walleye Lure  (Read 9222 times)

Offline EskimoPeewee

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Favorite Walleye Lure
« Reply #30 on: Dec 09, 2013, 05:38 PM »
T tots with a swivel

Offline Blue Hog Ridr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 09, 2013, 09:05 PM »
So far, I have had good luck with a holographic Buckshot rattle lure.
A fairly large chartreuse PK Wall Eye lure. Eyes and little dimples on it. My friend has a smaller version that works even better for ice. The Pike like the big one too.

I bought a box of Eagle Claw, Shaw Grigsby hooks on EBay.  Just a J hook, similar to the red Octopus hooks. Just a smelt on it and have got just as much Wally and Pike action on those as with any other. Just a drop shot approx 6" up from the hook for weight.  Sometimes simple is the way to go. I tend to be a hook changer, both summer and winter. If I try something and no action shortly there after, I try something else.

I got some 1/2 oz white glow jigs with a little propeller.  I haven't got even a nibble while using those but you'd think they would work well.

So all in all, Buck shot rattle, PK and simple J hooks. 

UTube. Gord Pyzer. Top Wall Eye lures for ice fishing.  Interesting video.

Fishing is good for your Mind, Body and Soul.
Actually catching a fish or two is a nice by product of a day well spent.

The next time that you don't feel like going into work, don't give your Boss any excuses (Hes heard them all), just say, "I'm going fishing, wanna come".

Offline ColonelAngus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 23, 2013, 08:26 PM »
do you guys put any bait on the PK's?

Offline CanAmCory

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 23, 2013, 09:14 PM »
Yeah fellas I'm also curious. Especially the flutter fish... Do you bait them? Also I'm wondering why mine always seem I tangle in the line. Am I ripping it to hard?

Offline ToonFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 23, 2013, 09:58 PM »
There is no need for bait on the lures until around the New Year.

Offline ToonFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 23, 2013, 10:01 PM »
Bait is needed for playing dead stick.

Offline bigk

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 23, 2013, 11:52 PM »
I bait them more often than not. Even smaller flutter fish I will put a piece of minnow on. I am also curious what others are doing?

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #37 on: Dec 24, 2013, 08:21 AM »
Up here in NH we can NOT bait treble hooks. And to be truthful on the PK's don't need to dead sticking. We use the 1/2 oz. Futter fish and a verrrry light jigging motion and always stay in contact with the lure. Then dead stick it. On the predators and spoons same thing. No need for bait up here. ;D Check out several of the threads on the NH board posted in the last week. All the method I just listed and NO bait. No ripping up. And all in the presence of the regional PK rep. Good luck out there, tight lines.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline saskoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 24, 2013, 09:23 AM »
I bait mine (esp. Flutterfish) usually with maggots. I mostly use small sizes and maggots don't ruin the lures action as much. Also keep thrm baited because perch really prefer the baited hook. That being said, I have caught tons of fish (except perch) on pks without bait on them. Whitefish also prefer a few maggots on the hook.

Offline coldazice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #39 on: Dec 24, 2013, 09:34 AM »
PK spoon with little to no bait, bait absolutely ruins the action and some walleye care a whole lot about it. Rattlin lindy Flyer as well, no bait.
TEAM Saskatchewan: Yes, we have ice in December!.

Offline CanAmCory

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 24, 2013, 10:19 AM »
Thanks fellas!! I'll give both a try!

Offline brandonblues

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jun 10, 2014, 11:35 PM »
If anyone has one of those vintage spring loaded hooks for sale let me know. I know this is an old post but I just found it because of the picture of the "Miracle Fish Hook" that was in a couple of the post. I collect spring loaded lures and hooks and am always looking to add pieces to my collection.

Thanks

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #42 on: Jun 11, 2014, 05:44 AM »
If anyone has one of those vintage spring loaded hooks for sale let me know. I know this is an old post but I just found it because of the picture of the "Miracle Fish Hook" that was in a couple of the post. I collect spring loaded lures and hooks and am always looking to add pieces to my collection. Thanks

:nono: :nono:  No buying or selling on the site unless you are a Militia Member......
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline BOW 13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Dec 01, 2014, 07:54 PM »
I'm hooked on P.K lures, had amazing success with them.

Offline yank0073

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 02, 2014, 06:44 AM »
PK's and slender spoons @)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.