Author Topic: Ice Duels Tournament: News and Discussion  (Read 5660 times)

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Ice Duels Tournament: News and Discussion
« on: Oct 22, 2013, 08:51 AM »
Ice Duels...a completely new concept in tournament ice fishing. Coming to Minnesota, South Dakota and Wisconsin for the 2013/2014 season, our first event will be held December 28th at Fishermens Resort on Mille Lacs. Our SD event is schedules for Feb 1st, in the Webster area, lake TBA.  You can get more info at our web page...www.iceduels.co m and on our FaceBook page as well.

We will be at the St Paul ice show as well as the Wasau ice show where you can come find out more info and enter the events.  You can also contact us thru our web site to get on the email list to keep up to date, or just watch this thread.

Entry fees will be $100 per event, with a maximum 99 entries for the WI event, and 128 for the rest. Payouts will be $3,500 for first, $1,000 for second and $500 for third, (based on a minimum 50 entries.)

Ice Duels...who will be the Last Angler Standing...?
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice Duels Tournament: News and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2013, 08:54 AM »
Curious what the target species of fish will be?
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2013, 04:20 PM »
It will be the dominant species in the lake...say crappie or perch...or 'gils and white bass...announced for each lake soon.

one point for one fish...size, weight doesn't matter...

Thanks for asking!

ID

If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline DustyRhyno

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Giddy up!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2013, 12:22 PM »
Do I understand correctly that each competitor is limited to fishing a single hole?

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2013, 08:34 PM »
Dusty,

They are 30 minutes rounds, on "courts" and against opponents you are assigned via random brackets. So you will fish a different court every round, as long as you keep advancing.  Lose twice and you are done, win and you keep on advancing.  Of course, that is the basics of it...

Check out the rules at www.iceduels.com  We have decided to do Pickerel Lake and will be based out of the lodge there.  I will have entries at Sportsmans Cove next week or on the site...

Thanks for asking!

Mike

Offline damdiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2013, 07:15 AM »
What happens if no fish are caught?

Offline DustyRhyno

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Giddy up!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2013, 11:16 AM »
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I'm scheduled for another tournament the same weekend. Pickerel should be a good choice. Good luck with the event. I'll look for it next year.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2013, 07:50 AM »
What happens if no fish are caught?

We would treat that situation as a tie...All ties get a 10 minute OT round on another court. If none are caught in that 10 minutes, both anglers go into the loser bracket for that round.  We are going to do everything possible to set up the courts in a known, traditionally fish rich environment, but there is the element of cool and hot holes. You, as the angler, have the challenge of making the most of the hand you are dealt for each and every round.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2013, 08:31 AM »
Entry forms are now posted at www.iceduels.com

Offline duckace

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Activist of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2014, 04:37 PM »
Ice Duels...a completely new concept in tournament ice fishing. Coming to Minnesota, South Dakota and Wisconsin for the 2013/2014 season, our first event will be held December 28th at Fishermens Resort on Mille Lacs. Our SD event is schedules for Feb 1st, in the Webster area, lake TBA.  You can get more info at our web page...www.iceduels.co m and on our FaceBook page as well.

We will be at the St Paul ice show as well as the Wasau ice show where you can come find out more info and enter the events.  You can also contact us thru our web site to get on the email list to keep up to date, or just watch this thread.

Entry fees will be $100 per event, with a maximum 99 entries for the WI event, and 128 for the rest. Payouts will be $3,500 for first, $1,000 for second and $500 for third, (based on a minimum 50 entries.)

Ice Duels...who will be the Last Angler Standing...?

We have a party of 4 wanting to attend! One problem.... only one ice shack! Will we have to fish away from each other or can we fish in our shack?
Activist of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2014, 05:58 PM »
when do we find out the target fish ?

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:50 PM »
We have a party of 4 wanting to attend! One problem.... only one ice shack! Will we have to fish away from each other or can we fish in our shack?

Duck Ace,

This is a single person event, where individual anglers fish against other anglers in a designated court for 30 minute rounds. There are no shacks allowed. It is a spectator friendly event and the scorers need full visual on each angler on each court...

Please go to www.iceduels.com, it's all explained there.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:52 PM »
when do we find out the target fish ?

Hi Rags,

We will be scoring 'gills and crappie. Hope to see you there.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2014, 05:46 PM »
OK guys and Gals, it's time to get serious and get signed up.  We had our first event today on Monona Bay in WI and we had a blast! This is like no other tournament you have ever seen.  30 minute rounds, a new court and a new opponent each round, you swap holes half way thru, its almost dizzying how fast it goes and how much fun it is.

Check out the Ice Duels page on Facebook for photo's and stories and comments from todays event (and the events leading up to it) and then sign up!  We need to get YOU and all your friends and all their friends!

Also, if you are a member of a non-profit, or a service organization looking for an event to get behind, get some awareness and a chance to get some donations, I would love to hear from you.  We need volunteers to help make this work and you get a chance to help out your group.

www.iceduels.com

Offline mricefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2014, 10:05 PM »
This does sound like allot of fun.  Are vexilar's or anything like that allowed?  Just curious have never saw a tournament like this but i bet it is a fun time.  Oh yea one more question, how big are the courts areas that you fish in?

Offline mricefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2014, 10:17 PM »
This does sound like allot of fun.  Are vexilar's or anything like that allowed?  Just curious have never saw a tournament like this but i bet it is a fun time.  Oh yea one more question, how big are the courts areas that you fish in?

Never mind got my questions answered by looking at their web page.  Looks like a fun thing to try.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2014, 11:04 PM »
Mr. Ice Fish, c'mon out and join us.  We had a BLAST at the Madison event.  Check out the Ice Duels page on Facebook and see.

It is a brand new event, that took me over 18 months to design, plan and execute.  Get in on the groundfloor now while the numbers are low and the prizes are thick!  There will be a Marcum Lx-3TC or a StrikeMaster Lazer Mag 7" auger awarded by door prize drawing at Pickerel (winners choice) Plus a lot of other prizes.

Hope to see you there!

Mike
www.iceduels.com

Offline damdiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 05, 2014, 02:06 PM »
Where are the results posted for these events?

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2014, 07:27 AM »
When events take place, results are posted on our Facebook page.  Unfortunately, lack of signups means no results.

Our Madison, WI was a great success, but still had a minimal turnout. We will hit it hard again in 2015 but will focus on areas that are a little more populated, stay tuned to www.iceduels.com and our Facebook page.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #19 on: Dec 06, 2014, 07:12 AM »
Shaffer Slough on Thompson Lake is this years location for the SD Ice Duels. Crappie and Perch will be the species scored. www.iceduels.com

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.