Author Topic: Marcum LX9  (Read 2751 times)

Offline ColonelAngus

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum LX9
« on: Oct 19, 2013, 08:32 AM »
Any Canadians have this unit? Care to share what you think of it? I've read all the posts on the board but they're starting to get older, thought I'd stir up some fresh opinion.

Offline Extreme Sask Angling

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ESA
Re: Marcum LX9
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2013, 01:12 PM »
I just got the lx-7 the other night, seems to be an awsome unit, only thing I would change is the softpack case, it falls out easily and leans pretty good when carrying it by its handle. Other then that it's my new best friend on the ice besides my auger, lol the lx-9 is gonna make a guys wallet a lot lighter, seems like to much for me, for as much as I use a camera, maybe once a season, it's not worth the extra 600 bucks! You can pick up a cheeper marcum for 300-400, then if you want to hole hop you don't have to pull up the camera, just my opinion!

Thanks

ESA
The ice angler is a different breed of fisherman. Undeterred by distance, daylight or degrees, these warriors go to extreme measures to chase down the fish attempting to wait out winter below the frozen surface. Through 10-inch holes positioned amidst miles of ice they engage the elusive walleye one-by-one, yeah it's crazy, and some may never understand it.

Offline ice nazi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2013, 11:06 AM »
Hey Angus I've got my eye on the LX-9 as well. It's a hefty price tag but looks like a heck of a unit. If I make the purchase I'll be sure to post a review.
The tug is the drug

Offline ice nazi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2013, 02:28 PM »
The tug is the drug

Offline ColonelAngus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2013, 06:17 PM »
Yes, that's a good read. I went out and got one. Now I have to stare at it for a couple months

Offline ice nazi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2013, 06:49 PM »
Just set up the shack, grab a bottle of whiskey, put the LX-9 on simulator mode and use your imagination!! Repeat as needed for the next 6-8 weeks. Haha
The tug is the drug

Offline ColonelAngus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2013, 09:32 AM »
Shack has been set up for a couple of weeks now! Sick of simulator mode too, need to put this equipment to good use!

Offline Collierscc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2013, 08:33 PM »
I bought the LX7 last year.
its a great unit, I'm sure the LX9 would just be an added bonus well worth the cash!

Offline Trout Slayer306

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2013, 10:07 AM »
I bought the lx-7 last year and it is an amazing unit! I am actually just about to send it away and have it upgraded to the lx-9 for an extra $500. I like how you can overlay the flasher portion right over the camera feed.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2013, 07:16 PM »
I have the 9 and it is an absoutly sweeeet unit. having open water mode and being able to run the graph over top of the camera pic. It has so many really kewl features to it. I also have to agree the carrying part is a little odd, seems like its gonna roll right out the front. Have the camera on it and it balances nice, have it off and just make sure you grab it correctly. I will make one suggestion to not only lx owners but any that don't get the battery life that think they should. GET A LITHIUM ION.. You will not regret the extra money spent. I ran the 9 for 2 days on demo mode and still had plenty left. Ran my camera ALL DAY. no probs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.