Author Topic: Pop-Up to Bobhouse Conversion - Any Suggestions?  (Read 5520 times)

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
Re: Pop-Up to Bobhouse Conversion - Any Suggestions?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 11, 2013, 06:36 PM »
Love the Winnie map on the wall. Nice touch.

Pat
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline Tailgunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 12, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Very nice RR..... I have the perfect step for you.  I no longer use it as I have gone to a portable hub shelter.  I'll get it to you in the very near future...... Happy Fishing Brother!! :)

Offline Surfcaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 12, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Nice work!! :tipup:

Offline sorelippin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 12, 2013, 03:30 PM »
Good stuff, RR!  Looking great!

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #34 on: Dec 12, 2013, 03:38 PM »
Very nice RR..... I have the perfect step for you.  I no longer use it as I have gone to a portable hub shelter.  I'll get it to you in the very near future...... Happy Fishing Brother!! :)
Wow, sounds great! Thanks Tailgunner

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 12, 2013, 07:14 PM »
Will you ever go home?

No need.

Cheers!

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 13, 2013, 08:58 AM »
Will you ever go home?

No need.

Cheers!

ummm....let's see...beer store and public restrooms within 300yds from shack, plenty of propane and perch. tough call, wife probably would'nt mind. Get me some strange Lavaman energy drink and I am good to go. ;D

Offline bchamplain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 13, 2013, 09:18 AM »
I also have a pop up conversion, I built steps out of plywood and I just stick them inside the door when I go home for the night. I have seen people put them on a hinge so you can fold them up when you leave. as far as blocking goes I put 2 pieces of ply wood under the tires jacked the front all the way down block the back with wood blocks and jack the front back up until it level this will just about lift the tires off the ices works great had mine in the same spot for 2 months last year got it off no problem. hope this helps

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Dec 13, 2013, 03:20 PM »
I also have a pop up conversion, I built steps out of plywood and I just stick them inside the door when I go home for the night. I have seen people put them on a hinge so you can fold them up when you leave. as far as blocking goes I put 2 pieces of ply wood under the tires jacked the front all the way down block the back with wood blocks and jack the front back up until it level this will just about lift the tires off the ices works great had mine in the same spot for 2 months last year got it off no problem. hope this helps
I was thinking the samething with the blocking, sounds worth a shot.
Today got the wheels and hitch ready and mounted, put the sign on and hitched it to the truck. Tomorrow before the storm I will tow it to where my other shack is stored and wait for ice.
here is a few more pics.
the last picture I was in the shack taking a break and had a little visitor outside.
Thanks everyone for the input and comments, and if you are ever on Alton bay make sure to stop by. First shack on the right off the town ramp.

Offline bchamplain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 18, 2013, 05:08 PM »
Looks great I fish Meredith bay I have a big Mack studs banner on mine stop in if your up that way. Good luck :tipup:

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Dec 18, 2013, 05:34 PM »
Real nice job on the conversion riverat.  :)  if I'm on the bay I'll definitely stop by and say hi.

Offline NorthWoods Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work!
« Reply #41 on: Oct 01, 2014, 09:15 PM »
How did you go about widening the door?

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Oct 02, 2014, 06:17 AM »
I measured in 8" (in this case) from the original door casing and used a framing square to mark line to cut, and than ran a 2x4 from the other side of the line across the camper to the other front corner and secured with screws on both ends to stabilize the section being cut. than proceeded to cut to the floor with a metal cutting blade in a sawz-all. Part of the framing eventually ran along that edge and across the the otherside to form the counter, thus stabilizing that corner section. Since I kept the roof connected to the pop-up mechanism until the house was all framed and sheath, the door and doorframe height had to be shortened to accomidate. Once door was in place, I cut all the support bolts hold the roof to the mechanism and lowered the roof onto the shack and laged through into the corners. Installed windows, trimmed out and painted.In the next few days I am planning on covering the entire exterior with Helmsman Spar Varnish Urethane to help protect and seal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.